MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Speculation
  4. Thursday, 30 July 2020
I decided to start basically a Supergirl season 6 thread.I was already figuring we may get some news at DC's FanDome event next month but apparently there was a Virtual Wizard World Con in the past few days and several cast members were there.Apparently there was some season 6 news there.TheDCTVshow has a report on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_031LiXNw

The Major news points.

1)Jesse Rath revealed they plan to begin shooting September 28.

DCTVshow speculates that they might do what they did at the start of season 4 where other cast members like Jesse will begin shooting September 28 but Melissa might start a little later.

2)Helen Slater will be in a couple episodes in season 6.

The next bit I'll spoiler highlight since it could be considered a spoiler.

3)
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
From Jesse Rath:"The writers are working on,not a Legion story but what I think is the essence of what The Legion Of Superheroes is."

DCTVShow speculates he's not expecting Legion members appearing but more the idea of what The Legion is.A team of superheroes coming together.So really Team Supergirl really coming together as a team and becoming the basis of what The Legion becomes in the future.

ETA

I think I found the actual panel video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzf8eZ6LmhY

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
From David’s Twitter He started yesterday 10/16. According to the post they’re planning 10 months of shooting. That makes sense they’ll want to finish the planed 20 episodes.

Interesting.That means they will be filming Supergirl into August 2021.I was just listing to Canadagraph's podcast(he gets all those set photos from the various CW shows that film in Vancouver) and confirmed that Supergirl is scheduled to film until August 6 which is pretty late.He expects there will be break somewhere in filming,maybe the holidays(they aren't going to shoot for almost 10 months with no break for the actors and crew).

He thinks now that they may be dragging the season out into the Fall/Winter 2021 and separating it into two half seasons .Basically I think like The Walking Dead has done(and will be doing on a larger scale for it's final 24 episode expanded 11th and final season).Air half the season,go on a few months break and then air the back half season.So speculating on my part and on what Canadagraph says,.Air the first 10 episodes in early summer 2021 then air episodes 11-20 in the Fall 2021(again,Supergirl won't finish filming until August 6,2021)?
The 10 months that David said fits with what Canadagraph’s said. There will be breaks but making them long enough for the US cast and crew to go home will be difficult, since they’re gonna to have to quarantine for two weeks when they return to Canada the amount of time at home should be worth that. It would be cool if the cast got to do one more SDCC next July even if it’s a scaled back one. As for how the episodes will air it’s possible that the network will split the season into two parts but it’s also possible they won’t. If the Primer is say the first week of May and there are say three skip week, the postponed summer Olympics are July 23-August 8th, then 20 episodes goes into the first week of October. CW could start the new season the next week.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 181
Votes
Undo
From David’s Twitter He started yesterday 10/16. According to the post they’re planning 10 months of shooting. That makes sense they’ll want to finish the planed 20 episodes.

Interesting.That means they will be filming Supergirl into August 2021.I was just listing to Canadagraph's podcast(he gets all those set photos from the various CW shows that film in Vancouver) and confirmed that Supergirl is scheduled to film until August 6 which is pretty late.He expects there will be break somewhere in filming,maybe the holidays(they aren't going to shoot for almost 10 months with no break for the actors and crew).

He thinks now that they may be dragging the season out into the Fall/Winter 2021 and separating it into two half seasons .Basically I think like The Walking Dead has done(and will be doing on a larger scale for it's final 24 episode expanded 11th and final season).Air half the season,go on a few months break and then air the back half season.So speculating on my part and on what Canadagraph says,.Air the first 10 episodes in early summer 2021 then air episodes 11-20 in the Fall 2021(again,Supergirl won't finish filming until August 6,2021)?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 182
Votes
Undo
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 183
Votes
Undo
"Looked at the crossover rumors and thought of something; what if Superboy exists in the universe where Lex is African-American? Then he will be part of the Arrowverse and if hes popular enough i could see him on some episodes of Lois/Superman show as a conflicted character. The central part of the conflict is that Superman treats him differently than his own kids(because of his cloned nature and that Lex is also his father) Thoughts?"

That could be fun... but I am not sure if Warners will want two shows on with Superboy, as he is on Titans. It could be fun synergy, but too soon to open up the multiverse. I think alternate Lex, as rumored, is one of the accidental displacements from Crisis and not a sign the multiverse will reopen. But, I would rule that out as they may want that door pushed back open to allow Stargirl to weave into the other shows.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 184
Votes
Undo
Flash teamup

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/flash-supergirl-reportedly-teamup

Would be really cool if true but We Got this Covered has a reputation of being unreliable.We'll see.If true,is this in place of the originally planned Batwoman/Superman & Lois crossover or in addition to it?

I'm greedy,I want both.lol Two smaller crossovers instead of one bigger one.

Great news, if true. Fingers crossed.

Looked at the crossover rumors and thought of something; what if Superboy exists in the universe where Lex is African-American? Then he will be part of the Arrowverse and if hes popular enough i could see him on some episodes of Lois/Superman show as a conflicted character. The central part of the conflict is that Superman treats him differently than his own kids(because of his cloned nature and that Lex is also his father) Thoughts?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 185
Votes
Undo
The People's Choice Awards are next month and Supergirl is up for Best Sci-Fi Fantasy TV Show. You can vote at E!'s website. E! will air the awards November 15th.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 186
Votes
Undo
Flash teamup

Would be really cool if true but We Got this Covered has a reputation of being unreliable.We'll see.If true,is this in place of the originally planned Batwoman/Superman & Lois crossover or in addition to it?

Great news, if true. Fingers crossed.
#WorldsFinest
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 187
Votes
Undo
Flash teamup

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 188
Votes
Undo
Another Flash teamup?

Melissa and Grant have such great on screen chemistry. I hope its true.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 189
Votes
Undo
@comic fan

"Here's an interesting article too speculating on the future of the character.I don't agree with the title of the article(the canceled bit) but it is a interesting topic

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/supergirl-10-possible-new-directions-for-the-girl-of-steel-after-her-tv-series-was-cancelled-a178643"

Some really good possibilities here, although 2-4 do not appeal to me.

1. For the big screen DCEU, its likely she will be part of the JL. She may even be introduced at the end of Zack Snyder's JL for HBOMAX. She already is part of the TV Justice League Superfriends officially formed at the end of Crisis. It would be cool if they introduced her as a very young teen, who looked a lot like McKenna Grace... I liked the Midville flashback of TV Supergirl and would kinda like to see a new take featuring a very young Kara trying to acclimate.

6. She likely won't be on new CWVerse entries, but popping up occasionally for a guest appearance on Flash, Batwoman, Black Lightning or Legends would be awesome. Maybe Melissa can direct.
7. We already know a big screen movie is in the works.
8. YES!!!! Melissa on Stargirl as Earth 2 Powergirl.
9. There has been talk she would appear in the next Superman movie if Henry Cavill does get another Superman movie.
10. Yes, it would be awesome if she pops up for guest spots on Superman and Lois. But, absolutely no death for TV Kara, she should join the Legion in the future snd use her Legion ring to return to the present from time to time.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 190
Votes
Undo
Here's an interesting article too speculating on the future of the character.I don't agree with the title of the article(the canceled bit) but it is a interesting topic

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/supergirl-10-possible-new-directions-for-the-girl-of-steel-after-her-tv-series-was-cancelled-a178643
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 191
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 192
Votes
Undo
Apparently Zack Snyder was going to introduce Supergirl at the end of Justice League. There have been rumours circulating the reshoots may include the introduction. That would be a fun surprise. A lot of talk involved Elle Fanning. I am sure we will get answers soon.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 193
Votes
Undo
Without the Supergirl series tbd Supergirl Movie will have an easier time of it for sure...but I would much rather Supergirl be introduced through a Wonder Woman/ Superman combination with Supergirl as a teenager. Something TOTALLY different from the CW series.

It is quite possible. I believe WB likes to keep their TV and movie variations quite distinct.

Also, if preliminary information (i.e rumours) is to be believed, a different Kara will be used and they will focus on a younger iteriation, which would be more in line with traditional DC comics interpretations.

Only time will tell.
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 194
Votes
Undo
Without the Supergirl series tbd Supergirl Movie will have an easier time of it for sure...but I would much rather Supergirl be introduced through a Wonder Woman/ Superman combination with Supergirl as a teenager. Something TOTALLY different from the CW series.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 195
Votes
Undo
Been seeing things online (Instagram) saying the 6th...and last...season, has begun filming.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 196
Votes
Undo
Kevin Smith wants to direct again for the final season. I hope that happens. Bunker Hill was one of my all time favorite episodes.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/supergirl-kevin-smith-praises-cw-series-wants-to-direct-one-more-ep

I could see Melissa doing an uncredited cameo as a bystander in the Supergirl movie, but WB typically keeps its big screen and small screen separate with the exception of Ezra in Crisis. I am curious is Supergirl will be introduced at the end of Zack Snyder's JL cut as been rumored.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 197
Votes
Undo
I just thought of something else that could be related to the cancellation. Before the pandemic hit there were talks about a rebooted Supergirl movie coming soon but its not going to be related the show. That being said do you now that the show is ending do you think Melissa could appear in the movie? If so I want a transfer of power ala zordon power rangers or some sort of force ghost(ala Star Wars) from her to the newest Supergirl saying something to the extend of i've had my time in the sun now its your turn to carry the legacy foward when the new supergirl find it in herself to carry the burden of being Supergirl.

Interesting ideas but I doubt it will pan out that way. If the movie eventually gets made, it will likely be a younger portrayal and more in line with what the DCEU are currently doing.

I'm sure that once Season 6 of the current SG show is done, and the pandemic is finally a thing of the past, that they (WB and the associated studio) will focus on a retelling / origin story but using a younger version (as traditionally depicted in the comics) of the character.

Whatever way they will go, it is unlikely that Melissa or the current cast will have any role or say in it since WB tends to keep the film and TV versions separate by a wide margin.
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 198
Votes
Undo
I just thought of something else that could be related to the cancellation. Before the pandemic hit there were talks about a rebooted Supergirl movie coming soon but its not going to be related the show. That being said do you now that the show is ending do you think Melissa could appear in the movie? If so I want a transfer of power ala zordon power rangers or some sort of force ghost(ala Star Wars) from her to the newest Supergirl saying something to the extend of i've had my time in the sun now its your turn to carry the legacy foward when the new supergirl find it in herself to carry the burden of being Supergirl.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 199
Votes
Undo
16 episodes is perfectly fine with me, as long as they are Kara/Supergirl heavy, with lots of Supergirl action. If it is an episode of the week for each character like they like to do, then no thanks, that would leave about 5 episodes for Supergirl.....but 16 Eps of Supergirl heavy episodes would be more than any other season.....lol

Well,the show is ending but they confirmed 20 episodes.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 200

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!