MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Speculation
  4. Thursday, 30 July 2020
I decided to start basically a Supergirl season 6 thread.I was already figuring we may get some news at DC's FanDome event next month but apparently there was a Virtual Wizard World Con in the past few days and several cast members were there.Apparently there was some season 6 news there.TheDCTVshow has a report on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_031LiXNw

The Major news points.

1)Jesse Rath revealed they plan to begin shooting September 28.

DCTVshow speculates that they might do what they did at the start of season 4 where other cast members like Jesse will begin shooting September 28 but Melissa might start a little later.

2)Helen Slater will be in a couple episodes in season 6.

The next bit I'll spoiler highlight since it could be considered a spoiler.

3)
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
From Jesse Rath:"The writers are working on,not a Legion story but what I think is the essence of what The Legion Of Superheroes is."

DCTVShow speculates he's not expecting Legion members appearing but more the idea of what The Legion is.A team of superheroes coming together.So really Team Supergirl really coming together as a team and becoming the basis of what The Legion becomes in the future.

ETA

I think I found the actual panel video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzf8eZ6LmhY

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Season 5 suit, season 1-4 hair. I will absolutely take that compromise.

Henseforth, season 5 shall be known as THE BANGS YEAR!
:p Bangs year LOL. Personally as Kara and of course Melissa I thought the bangs were cute but on Supergirl not so much. IMO some of the hate on the pants suit was because the combined effect of the change in suit and hair was disconcerting. It wasn’t acceptable to hate on Melissa’s personal choice so it got directed at the suit.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 101
Votes
Undo

My feelings exactly.While I prefer the season 1-4 hair,I thought the bangs were cute but I'm glad the season 1-4 hair is back for the final season.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 102
Votes
Undo
Here you go kdogg[attachment]E47E201F-9DCC-44B7-BF78-08786CE6A5F7.jpeg[/attachment]

Heck yeah!

I know Canadagraphs is a POS...but the dude gets shots.

Henseforth, season 5 shall be known as THE BANGS YEAR!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 103
Votes
Undo
In retrospect, the minute it left CBS - after Tassler's departure/ouster - and went to the CW (who had originally passed on it) was when the decline started. What started out as a bona fide project and labour of love became bogged down in PC, excessive SJW themes and poor scripting. The saving grace was that we, as fans, got six seasons to enjoy some terrific performances by the actors who deserve(ed) better.

Somehow Rom, I am apt to agree. The bold to me, is the two leading to the third with season 4 being the Jump the Shark season with their attack on talk radio and conservatives (doing the will of the Chinese Communist Party which owns Hollywood through big money operatives). Seasons 2 and 3 seemed to carry over some of the magic, but by 4 the show went into cancel culture mode.

Perhaps we the fans, some of us anyway, deserved a better fate than what we got.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 104
Votes
Undo
Here you go kdogg E47E201F-9DCC-44B7-BF78-08786CE6A5F7.jpeg
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 105
Votes
Undo
Yeah. Aside from an appearance from David Ramsey, I'm sadly expecting that we will not get any guest appearances from other heroes before the show ends. I seriously hate that the final season fell during COVID.

Arrow gets an entire crossover dedicated to his death, remakes the universe, and has the heroes from the other shows appear in the final episode.

Supergirl's final season has no guest heroes, no crossovers, and frankly, can't even get on the schedule. I've been saying this since Fandome, but Supergirl really does feel like an afterthought to to everyone at Warner, DC, and CW.

I'm happy that Superman & Lois was so well received for it's premiere, and I'm hooked and onboard. But it's bothersome to see so little attention being paid to our Girl of Steel.

I feel as you do in this regard, but the show's exit is not due to the cast and crews or their dedication, but the PTB and their prior inability to handle it properly.

When the post mortem is finally done after the season airs and concludes, the cast and crews and some of the episodes will stand out fondly, but the miscues by the higher-ups will glaringly point to other factors at play. The pandemic didn't help, but it did provide a needed break for the creative process / writing to get some sort of footing after two-and-a-half seasons of very mediocre fare.

In retrospect, the minute it left CBS - after Tassler's departure/ouster - and went to the CW (who had originally passed on it) was when the decline started. What started out as a bona fide project and labour of love became bogged down in PC, excessive SJW themes and poor scripting. The saving grace was that we, as fans, got six seasons to enjoy some terrific performances by the actors who deserve(ed) better.

As for other shows getting big sendoffs and having more stature at the CW, WB and DC, that's the nature of the game. Arrow was practically unwatchable for almost three seasons (until the final swan song season) and the Flash is quickly losing steam due to excess longevity and creative fatigue. The newer shows will have long runs but will undoubtedly share the same fate.

Fret not though, Supergirl will continue in one iteration or another as evidenced by the announced appearance in the upcoming Flash movie and (likely) other projects down the road.
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 106
Votes
Undo
Yeah. Aside from an appearance from David Ramsey, I'm sadly expecting that we will not get any guest appearances from other heroes before the show ends. I seriously hate that the final season fell during COVID.

Arrow gets an entire crossover dedicated to his death, remakes the universe, and has the heroes from the other shows appear in the final episode.

Supergirl's final season has no guest heroes, no crossovers, and frankly, can't even get on the schedule. I've been saying this since Fandome, but Supergirl really does feel like an afterthought to to everyone at Warner, DC, and CW.

I'm happy that Superman & Lois was so well received for it's premiere, and I'm hooked and onboard. But it's bothersome to see so little attention being paid to our Girl of Steel.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 107
Votes
Undo
https://tvline.com/2021/02/25/the-flash-season-7-spoilers-returning-villains/

Is there any chance that Grant Gustin will make an appearance in the final season of Supergirl? I’ve always loved Barry and Kara’s relationship, and it would be lovely to see them reunited again one last time. –Lauren

Well, I did ask Flash showrunner Eric Wallace if Kara might pay Central City a visit before her own series goes up, up and away, and he didn’t seem optimistic, at least from his end of things. “I wish, but… I don’t know,” he ventured with a heavy sigh. “I would say, ‘Ask the folks at Supergirl,’ not me, because that’s really out of my hands.” (As Batwoman boss Caroline Dries previously explained to TVLine, COVID concerns and enhanced safety protocols, coupled with Supergirl‘s later production start, make such crossovers difficult this season.)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 108
Votes
Undo
@comic fan

Great to hear. I had to go check out that video for myself.

This at least confirms that Melissa is willing to come back for guest spots. It's so much more reliable to hear it from someone like Bitsie quoting a text, than some random website. The quote even sounded like it wasn't specific to this season. Like she may be willing to return for future guest spots, or even crossovers.

As for the season...sad to say, but CW's Spring Line-Up announcement seemingly confirms that Supergirl is not coming until late June at the very earliest.

It might be time for us to take down the countdown clock, for the time being...
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 109
Votes
Undo
A couple of bits and bobs.

EW.com has a new interview with Azie Tesfai about her writing for Supergirl.How it came about and her preperations

https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-azie-tesfai-teases-writing-episode/

She teases what's in store for Kelly this season.

She added: "[Episode] 12, in my opinion, for Kelly, is the most epic episode of the season, so I'm excited to get to pen it."

Before the interview ended, Tesfai also teased that Kelly fans will be very excited about where her character goes in the 20-episode season. Said Tesfai: "The fans have been very vocal about what they want to see for Kelly — and I feel like they know what I'm talking about — and they, especially in the back half of the season, will get everything that they want, and it makes me very excited."

Melissa posted her support yesterday ahead of the Superman & Lois premiere.

https://twitter.com/melissabeupdate/status/1364364695222779905

MelissaBenoistUpdate
@melissabeupdate

· Feb 23
Melissa Benoist via her story on instagram....
Showing your support for the #SupermanAndLois series, whose premiere is tonight

" So excited for my friends @BitsieTulloch and @tylerhoechlin
Happy Premiere and can't wait to watch!! ♥♥3 "

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eu8yEahXMAAWDZr?format=jpg

Finally,Azie Tesfai & Elizabeth Tulloch did A IG live hosted by EW.com yesterday.Apparantly, "Melissa texted Bitzy during the interview and said she wants to come to Superman & Lois if they can by the end of the season if things are easier to crossover."Even if it can't happen,it's still nice to hear that Melissa wants to.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 110
Votes
Undo
The CW just announced their spring schedule.

https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/cw-premiere-dates-2021-legends-of-tomorrow-dynasty-full-schedule/#comment-list-wrapper

Legends of Tomorrow is moving to Sundays' at 8pm and will premiere on SUNDAY, MAY 2 with Batwoman moving to 9pm.No Supergirl news but last night during the Superman & Lois premiere,a promo aired that announced Stargirl Season 2 for the summer.I'm thinking now that Supergirl will be paired with Stargirl in the summer.Frankly I love this idea if it pans out.I think Supergirl and Stargirl would be a perfect pairing.Plus,while we'll have to wait a little longer,it gives,atleast for me, something to look forward to in the summer.While all the other Arrowverse shows are on their summer breaks(except for Black Lightning which will be over),we'll have a full 20 episode season of Supergirl and a season of Stargirl waiting for us.

There are other possibilities as well.Supergirl could be paired with Legends after Batwoman wraps its season.But I think the CW's spring schedule confirms that Supergirl Season 6 will be a summer show.

I was just thinking this.

OR, they are holding it for the 2021-2022 season. It sounds odd, but that's what ended up happening with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so it's not completely out of the questions.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 111
Votes
Undo
The CW just announced their spring schedule.

https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/cw-premiere-dates-2021-legends-of-tomorrow-dynasty-full-schedule/#comment-list-wrapper

Legends of Tomorrow is moving to Sundays' at 8pm and will premiere on SUNDAY, MAY 2 with Batwoman moving to 9pm.No Supergirl news but last night during the Superman & Lois premiere,a promo aired that announced Stargirl Season 2 for the summer.I'm thinking now that Supergirl will be paired with Stargirl in the summer.Frankly I love this idea if it pans out.I think Supergirl and Stargirl would be a perfect pairing.Plus,while we'll have to wait a little longer,it gives,atleast for me, something to look forward to in the summer.While all the other Arrowverse shows are on their summer breaks(except for Black Lightning which will be over),we'll have a full 20 episode season of Supergirl and a season of Stargirl waiting for us.

There are other possibilities as well.Supergirl could be paired with Legends after Batwoman wraps its season.But I think the CW's spring schedule confirms that Supergirl Season 6 will be a summer show.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 112
Votes
Undo
While it would be nice and I’m glad Jeremy’s open to the idea I’m ok if he doesn’t make it to Vancouver. Winn’s story has a good ending, he has a full life in the future. James and Sam’s stories had good endings too.

The one character who I want to find about is Cat but Calista is also the least likely to want to travel. I’ve said it before let’s have a Kara/Cat zoom call. I believe that can be done without Calista leaving LA. Heck zoom calls with James and Sam would be a cool bonus.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 113
Votes
Undo
New Jeremy Jordan interview about his new movie.He briefly talks about Supergirl's final season.

https://www.etonline.com/jeremy-jordan-talks-hallmark-playing-twins-and-supergirl-final-season-exclusive-160802

Switching gears to Supergirl. Since it is wrapping up, have you had conversations about possibly coming back one last time?

Yeah. You know, I'm certainly open to it. I haven't had any talks about it as of yet. I know it's a little bit difficult because they film in Canada and the travel situation there is a little bit involved, we'll say. But at the moment, no, I don't think Winn's returning for the final season. Although, if the opportunity arose, I'm sure I wouldn't hesitate to go out and hang out with my friends one last time.

What will you miss most about your time on that show?

I've been away for a couple of years now and just the people, honestly. I made some of my best friends on that show and I fell in love with the character of Winn. And it was something that I got to really create and stick with for the longest I've ever had to stick with one character. So, when I got to come back for season 5 for a few episodes, it was really lovely and really liberating. Unfortunately, I left the show because I wanted to come back home and start a family, which is what we did. And so, I don't regret it for a second but I do think back fondly and miss those guys a lot.

Unfortunately I'm not holding out much hope for a last guest appearance for this final season(although it's great he's open to it).The sucky situation is that the COVID-19 restrictions are preventing a lot of what many(not all ofcourse) want in a final season.I do think we may still get a Mon-El appearance since Chris is up in Vancouver with Melissa but returning faces may be very limited and tradtional crossovers are currently out this year due to the cross show restrictions.

We're still getting Diggle showing up on the various shows so that sort of takes the place of a crossover for this season(and it was announced last week that John Wesley Shipp is guest starring in episode 9 of the upcoming Stargirl season 2 as The Golden Age Flash giving us our first Stargirl/Arrowverse crossover of sorts).I certainly understand why the COVID-19 restrictions are in place and they are certainly warranted but I won't lie and say the idea of one last interaction between Kara & Barry and Kara & Clark or Kara meeting Ryan isn't disappointing for me in the final season of Supergirl since this could be our last chance at it.There is no guarantee Melissa will ever make a guest appearance anywhere in the Arrowverse post Supergirl.

After last night's Batwoman episode,I'm convinced this seasons aborted Batwoman/Superman & Lois crossover that probably would of featured Supergirl and The Flash popping in was going to center around the kryptonite bullet wound Ryan is suffering from that is looking way worse after last night's episode.

I keep going back to Arrow's final season and how they brought back so many returning faces(although no Manu Bennet except a archive appearance from season 2) and Smallville's final season before that did the same.I can't help feeling a little down that we probably won't get return appearances from Winn.James,Cat or Sam.I am greatful we are getting returns for Eliza and the young Kara & Alex though.

Superman & Lois showrunner has a new interview out that The DCTVshow talks about.In the interview Todd Helbing discusses a little about," what Superman & Lois is doing in relation to Supergirl."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOQtaJ1fdWw

"He wondered if he was pushing the new show too far away from the franchise especially Supergirl.After talking with the Supergirl showrunners,they released him of his fears." They pointed out that Supergirl has been on the air for years and,"Superman is off doing his own thing.It dosen't worry the Supergirl team."He can have his own adventures that can exists simultaneously."Basically The S & L team can do whatever they want.

The DCTVshow gives his opinion why this sort of annoys and worries him because the new show seems to be retconning so much established on Supergirl.Different actors as General Sam Lane and Morgan Edge(with maybe different backstories), big spoiler for S & L
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
a different Lex Luthor
,Clark and Lois having two teenage sons instead of one infant(created by Crisis),different colored heat vision.You can see more of his opinion on why he feels this is the wrong move by the S & L creative team.

ETA

Here's the S & L Interview part related to Supergirl.

https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-premiere-preview/

Speaking of the rest of the Arrowverse, there was a moment during development when Helbing wondered if he was pushing Superman & Lois too far away from the franchise, especially Supergirl, which is ending later this year and has already mined a lot from the Superman mythos.

"Obviously working in this universe for as long as I did, I wanted to feel like we were a part of the whole, [but] we were making these choices that were very different than a lot of other shows," he says. "After I talked to [Supergirl showrunners] Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller, they sort of released me from my fears. They were like, 'Look, Todd, you're more worried about this than you should be because Supergirl has existed for [six seasons] and Superman is off doing his own thing. He's on his own adventures. It doesn't worry us that they can simultaneously exist at all.' That was quite a sigh of relief."

While there aren't any overt references to the rest of the Arrowverse in the series premiere, you can expect some in the rest of the season. "There's a nod that I don't think anybody has picked up yet in episode 2," Helbing teases. "As the season progresses, you're going to hear a little bit more about it. You know, we have John Diggle [David Ramsey] coming over. So it's certainly not like we're ignoring anything. We're just not playing it the same way as it's been played on the other shows."

New photo of Julie Gonzalo from the season 6 set

https://twitter.com/julie_gonzalo/status/1362930975974559745

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuoafnoUUAI5kOI?format=jpg
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 114
Votes
Undo
It starts to trickle in.

Staz Nair just posted a video to his Instagram Story which featured both Julie and Melissa.

Yeah,just saw the video.Very cool.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 115
Votes
Undo
My gut is telling be the primer won’t be when the countdown clock indicates but we will know the primer date by then.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 116
Votes
Undo
It starts to trickle in.

Staz Nair just posted a video to his Instagram Story which featured both Julie and Melissa.

Mel's SUCH a giggler!!!! :p :p :p :p
#shessosilly!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 117
Votes
Undo
It starts to trickle in.

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 118
Votes
Undo
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll take it!

A part of me was hoping for a costume update. But no bangs? I'll take that compromise.

I still can't wait for some clear photos and promotional material. But it's nice to see something that shows her on set.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 119
Votes
Undo
Here’s a still shot. It’s definitely a woman without bangs in the Supergirl suit.
Melissa ?

[attachment]03D38CF3-53E2-426D-BE88-BA87AB1F0F82.jpeg[/attachment]

Yes it's Melissa...and in that video from Jesse Rath's IG story, some on the crew are singing Happy birthday to him...MELISSA INLCLUDED.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 120

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!