3/22/2017 12:14 pm
It seems that Katie McGrath's Lena Luthor has made a good impact on everyone! The fans, the cast, the crew, and now the showrunners too. Deadline.com is reporting that Katie's character Lena Luthor is being promoted to series regular for Supergirl's third season, estimated to start around October of 2017. What could this mean for season 3? WIll Lena be a big bad or a trusted ally? Your guess is as good as ours, let us hear your thoughts below.
3/21/2017 4:46 pm
Grant Gustin (Barry), Melissa Benoist (Kara), Jesse L. Martin (Joe), Victor Garber (Dr. Stein), John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn), Jeremy Jordan (Winn) and Carlos Valdes (Cisco) can all sing. If we were Greg Berlanti or any of the other Executive producers, we would totally do a musical! And that is just what we had tonight! Lively, tap dancing, hilarious fun are just a few of the ways we can describe tonight's epic musical crossover. Who would have imagined that not only would we have tv shows crossing over like comic book characters do in the comics, but we would get them to sing and dance too? This is television history! Here's what stood out to us:
- J'onn, Mon-El & Kara Appear: We were so excited to see team Supergirl in the Particle Accelerator! We knew Kara would be unconscious but having J'onn there and speaking was startling for us. It felt like J'onn was commanding the room and all before the team even knew who he was or just how powerful he is!
- Moon River: Well this might be a something that happens often in this recap because so far every musical number has us so excited! Melissa Benoist's version of Moon River was haunting in a great way. Very little musical accompaniment with her piece really let her voice stand out!
- It's All Connected: We knew from Paleyfest that these episodes would come together in a meaningful way, but we were quite surprised just how well all the themes were allowed to work together. Barry and Iris, and Kara and Mon-El both at a crossroads, all while Wally was having confidence issues from his time in the speed force, it was really well done. Like Andrew Kreisberg said at Paleyfest, it's one thing to stop and do a musical, it's another entirely to make it fit into the storylines.
- Music Meister's Powers: This was a welcomed addition for us. Music Meister's power is actually stealing other's powers. To stall them from getting their powers back, they have to solve his musical riddles in a dream world. When we type it all out it sounds like a lot, but the way it was presented in the show made it every easy to understand. It made sense. All in all, we are surprised at just how well everything was fitting together.
- Superfriend: This original song was amazing! It has everything including a reference to Superman! On top of all that, Blake Neely's theme for both Supergirl and Flash was intertwined with the song which made it so much better! We are going to be listening to this all week!
- Supergirl and Flash Saved: Well as it turned out, the Music Meister was more of a guardian angel than a villain in the end, huh? He knows all and could see two heroes with broken hearts and thought he'd step in to teach them a lesson! Now the real question, who the heck was he? Could he be from the 5th dimension as well?
- Running Home to You: WOW, we knew Grant Gustin could sing but what a great original piece to finish on! If the whole goal of this episode was to make everone who watches have a smile on their face, then mission accomplished!
In the end it was a silly episode for sure but it worked really well because it didn't ignore what was going on in the other episodes and the characters that weren't stuck in the dream world were able to poke a little fun at it in the end. We mentioned on Twitter that the more Greg Berlanti and his team push the envelope, the more we want each year. So for those keeping track, next year we want Superman to visit again, a true 4-show crossover, and a seocnd musical! Good luck team!
If your toes were tapping along to this whole episode like us, you can purchase the sound track on various digital outlets like Amazon and iTunes!
What did you think of this epic event? Did it stand up to what was promised? Were you delighted? Let us know in the comments below and in the forum! Also, a visit to our support page helps keep the advertisements away!
3/20/2017 10:25 pm
Next week is an all new Supergirl which is an occasion in of its self to celebrate, but to add to the excitement, the episode after the epic musical crossover will be Kevin Smith's return to the director's chair! As you should know from our spoilers section and news sections, Distant Sun is about Supergirl being bounty hunted! It looks to be pretty awesome for good Supergirl action as we know our Girl of Steel can handle anything! Further more, it looks like Mon-El is going to get his fair share of the beatings too! Check it out below:
Let us know what you think of this trailer for Kevin Smith's return in the comments below and in the forum! Also, don't forget we have pleanty of spoilers and behind the scenes photos from this episode too! Keep us advertisement free and empower us to continue to bring one of a kind coverage of events like Paleyfest or spoilers and behind the scenes photos like we have for this episode. Just visit the support page!
3/20/2017 10:08 pm
There is a lot of stuff to look forward to tomorrow. We mean a lot of stuff! The music, the dancing, the characters from sister shows! This is going to be a piece of magic! One event, however, has been standing out in our minds. How is Team Flash going to react to the Martian Manhunter? Well rest your heads with ease because tonight we have a sneak peek that answers that very question and its everything you want it to be! Check it out below:
3/20/2017 4:53 pm
It was a break that wasn't nearly as long as our earlier winter break but nonetheless, its good to be back with a new episode of Supergirl! This episode has been anticipated ever since it was learned that Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo would guest star on the show! Just about everyone had a feeling that Supergirl's Daxamite boyfriend, Mon-El was a prince and his parents would be played by Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo, but the moment of truth had to be this episode. Were you right? Were you surprised? Here's what stood out to us:
- Supergirl's Attack on Alien Ship: This gave us flashbacks to Star Trek. On one hand, we always wanted to captain a star ship and on the other, we wanted to have super powers but never thought about having both. This was the closest we got to seeing the two interact. The ship had some interesting weapons. Like what kind of star ship has a weapon that is meant to incapacitate one person? Pretty interesting. By the way, the graphics of Supergirl landing here were AMAZING!
- Mon-El's Parents: They didn't beat around the bush with this one did they? Supergirl gave us the answer we were looking for before the first commercial break! With that, we know for sure now that Mon-El is royalty, his parents are king and queen, and Daxam has a war ship! What we don't know is, where are they going from here?
- Winn Gets Set Up: We were really liking Lyra but this was a twist we didn't see coming. She totally set him up. At least, that's how it looks. Thank goodness Winn is friends with Alex and Maggie, otherwise this could be an open and shut case!
- Dinner With the Family: Dinner with Mon-El's family couldn't have gone ... worse? The story of Mon-El's escape from Daxam was a big reminder to Kara where Mon-El came from. As she said, "It'd be one thing if you just came from a cruel world, its another thing when you led it". It was also a big reminder how Mon-El used to be. Furthermore, DAXAM SURVIVED! As in the atmosphere is returning now? That could be a home for refugee Kryptonians.
- Lyra Captured: Just another reminder of how amazing this show is. Alex, Winn and Guardian are fighting against three other aliens in a trailer park. An alien weapon goes off and the production team literally split an RV in two! It was a short moment in an awesome fight but can you imagine how hard it is to split an RV in two? Well somehow the practical effects team did it!
- Winn Plants the Trap: Winn is a good hearted and wonderful addition to the show, plus he is mega intelligent. So with that, it was no surprise that when Winn has feelings for someone, he finds a way to save the day. It was a nice change of pace seeing Winn play the hero and have Guardian back him up!
- Kara breaks up with Mon-El: Mon-El lays it all on the line and Kara does what she needs to do to protect herself. Mon-El kind of takes it, but rushes to his parents to make it clear that he is going to stay on Earth as a hero with or without Kara. Kara is rubbing off on him.
In the end it was a pretty good episode and set us up for the musical crossover which looks amazing! Any time we get two episodes of Kara Danvers is a win in our book. Winn's line at the end about him and Cisco being best friends if they were in the same universe, well, we think we can all agree that would be true! See you guys tomorrow for our Flash musical coverage!
What did you think of the episode? Was it everything you wanted it to be? Did you expect something different? Let us know in the comments below and in the forum! Help us keep sending those ads to Earth 48 (where they love advertisements) and keep them off our site by visiting the support page!