MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Speculation
  4. Thursday, 30 July 2020
I decided to start basically a Supergirl season 6 thread.I was already figuring we may get some news at DC's FanDome event next month but apparently there was a Virtual Wizard World Con in the past few days and several cast members were there.Apparently there was some season 6 news there.TheDCTVshow has a report on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_031LiXNw

The Major news points.

1)Jesse Rath revealed they plan to begin shooting September 28.

DCTVshow speculates that they might do what they did at the start of season 4 where other cast members like Jesse will begin shooting September 28 but Melissa might start a little later.

2)Helen Slater will be in a couple episodes in season 6.

The next bit I'll spoiler highlight since it could be considered a spoiler.

3)
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
From Jesse Rath:"The writers are working on,not a Legion story but what I think is the essence of what The Legion Of Superheroes is."

DCTVShow speculates he's not expecting Legion members appearing but more the idea of what The Legion is.A team of superheroes coming together.So really Team Supergirl really coming together as a team and becoming the basis of what The Legion becomes in the future.

ETA

I think I found the actual panel video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzf8eZ6LmhY

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 161
Votes
Undo
Supergirl is back on March 30th!

https://tvline.com/2021/03/05/supergirl-season-6-premiere-date-superman-lois-hiatus/

:D :D :D

Good news. :)

Have to say, though, I don't envy CW's scheduling department!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 162
Votes
Undo
Great news about the premiere.So it premieres at the end of the month.So March 30 to May 11,we have Supergirl.Assuming there is no brraks,that's seven episodes,than on May 18 Superman & Lois returns for the rest of it's season(15 episodes are the total for season 1).Then Supergirl returns in the summer for the rest of its season.I still think Supergirl will than be paired with Stargirl.

Since the premiere is now only a couple weeks away,we may get a promo soon.

Canadagraphs has a bunch more photos at his blog.

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-films-scenes-for-season-6-with-melissa-benoist-david-harewood
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 163
Votes
Undo
Similar pics at Just Jared.

OBSERVATION...Melissa of course got rid of the bangs...she's back to being cute again. :)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 164
Votes
Undo
I wonder how much of the premiere will feature Kara as they started filming before Melissa’s return. They could focus on Lex and Lillian plans, Brainy's illness or Gamemnae's/ "Gemma's" transformation and revenge. I wonder if we meet her "boss" and if there is a tie in to The Annointed One and/or Atlantis.
Attachments (5)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 165
Votes
Undo
Am I correct that Melissa and John are negative with the covid? If so then why are they wearing those freaking masks. It would have been better received with hope if they were mask less.

July 20,1969 "The Americans Are On The Moon"
American Land (London Calling: Live in Hyde Park,2009)

They may be negative, but they take measures to ensure that they STAY negative.

Those masks are standard for the film industry, right now. All cast and crew wear masks at all times. And anybody working in close proximity to one another also wear face shields.

Only the actors get to take their masks off, and that is only when they are filming takes.

They take these safety measures very seriously in Vancouver. If even one cast member or crew member tests positive, then the entire production shuts down for at least 2 weeks.

I am fully vaccinated and I still have to wear a mask. If that is the protocol doesn't matter if you are negative, fully vaccinated, positive for antibodies.....masks for all. ?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 166
Votes
Undo
Young Cat Grant cast for flashbacks:

https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-young-cat-grant-eliza-helm

I see a resemblance.

So do I.What they describe feels a little like how Perry White was introduced on Smallville in season 3.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 168
Votes
Undo
Young Cat Grant cast...I see a resemblance.

So do I.What they describe feels a little like how Perry White was introduced on Smallville in season 3.

I can see them doing a wink to Smallville and the Perry White episode.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 169
Votes
Undo
Young Cat Grant cast...I see a resemblance.

@comic fan So do I.What they describe feels a little like how Perry White was introduced on Smallville in season 3.

I can see them doing a wink to Smallville and the Perry White episode.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 170
Votes
Undo
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 171
Votes
Undo
I guess it makes these two episodes a little bit more interesting but it still Melissa less. When you have your Mickey Mantle out of the lineup for two games the excitement level drops way down. And unlike the young Kara and Alex this young actress looks nothing like our Cat Grant. Who knows maybe she sounds like her.

July 20,1969 "The Americans Are On The Moon"
American Land (London Calling: Live in Hyde Park,2009)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 172
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 173
Votes
Undo
Season 6 poster...
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 174
Votes
Undo
Season 6 poster...

I didn't add this to the news because I think it's only going to be relevant for one episode. Kara doesn't have bangs anymore from what we saw
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 175
Votes
Undo
Season 6 poster...

I thought it was odd she had bangs in the poster considering other pictures suggested the bangs grew out.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 176
Votes
Undo
Very cool to see a poster.Every bit of promotion is one step closer to the airing of the premiere.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 177
Votes
Undo
Season 6 poster...

I thought it was odd she had bangs in the poster considering other pictures suggested the bangs grew out.

Agreed. Just feels like they used leftover stock photos from last year.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 178
Votes
Undo
I watched Riverdale and Nancy Drew last night. I was hoping a Supergirl promo would pop up, but I was left disappointed.

Flash dropped to a new demo low (.2) this week, which is what most CW shows do, but low for Flash. I was hoping Supergirl season 6 would benefit from a stronger lead in, but that's about what Batwoman season 1 did on Sunday. I am hopeful the new Flash arc is better than the dreadful Mirrowverse arc and viewers return.

I hope Supergirl gets some season 6 promo love on the linear CW soon. They are already airing promising for Kung Fu.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 179
Votes
Undo
EW has a interview with the Supergirl producers about the final season.Lots of new info.

https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-season-6-kara-lena-relationship/
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 180

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!