3/8/2017 5:49 pm
Kevin Smith is returning to Supergirl to direct his second episode of Supergirl's second season. Well we know that, in fact he has already wrapped on his second episode. What we didn't know what the synopsis and title for the episode which we can share today! The episode is titled "Distant Sun", and also features the return of original Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter as The President of the United States! Here is the synopsis:
LYNDA CARTER RETURNS AS PRESIDENT MARSDIN; KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS – A large bounty is put out on Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and aliens from far and near attack National City intent on taking out the woman of steel. Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) run into Maggie’s ex-girlfriend, Emily (guest star Hayley Sales), who is in town for a week. Hank (David Harewood) gets an interesting order from President Marsdin (guest star Lynda Carter). Kevin Smith directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#217).
3/7/2017 10:38 am
Last night we got a very short look at what the musical crossover was going to feel like. As we've heard before, the majority of the singing and dancing will take place on the Flash portion of the two night event, which was further enforced by the trailer for episode 216 featuring Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo released last night. Regardless, today we have our first real look at the Music Meister, the 1940's setting, and J'onn J'onzz meeting team flash! Check it out below:
WOW, Grant Gustin looks like a young Fred Astaire! Can't wait for this episode! Let us know what you're thinking in the comments below and in the Entertainment Weekly! Keep our record tracks clean and without advertisements and visit the support page!
3/6/2017 7:19 pm
It's what The Flash and Supegirl do best, being a bright and shining example for others to follow. Well nothing could be more bright than a cheerful musical crossover! That is exactly what we are going to get in two weeks! Well two weeks and a day (The majority of the crossover will happen on The Flash). Regardless it looks like its going to be filled with fun and delight! Check out this teaser and first look below:
3/6/2017 6:24 pm
SHE HAS ARRIVED! And this is not the Lois Lane that you knew back in the 90's! Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo's roles were revealed tonight in the trailer for the March 20th Supergirl! As we have been suspecting for a long time now, they are the Royal Family of Daxam making Mon-El Daxam royalty as well! On top of that, it looks like they've brought a pretty big ship with them as well! Judging by all the content that was packed into this short 20 second trailer (soon to be 30 seconds) there is much room for the musical. That is coming on The Flash! Check out the trailer below:
3/6/2017 4:40 pm
It's week seven! Seven weeks have passed with new episodes of Supergirl! What an amazing time to be a fan of Supergirl! It's important to note, however, that next week will NOT be a new episode. Instead, we will have to wait a week but Supergirl will be back with the pseudo part 1 of the musical crossover! But now that we've gotten announcements out of the way, how amazing was Exodus? We saw a new side of Alex, the never-ending persistence of Kara Danvers and the big reveal of Teri Hatcher! Beyond those three big things, here's what stood out to us!
- Kara Danvers Gets Snapper's Help: We didn't realize how much we missed Snapper until we saw him! He has a great rapport with Kara. He knows how to manipulate Kara into doing better and Kara knows how to manipulate him into getting what she wants. They have a cute relationship.
- Alien Bar Raid: We said this on Twitter earlier (We live tweet both coasts' broadcasts of Supergirl in case you want to join us) but normally we would think that breaking into a bar with aliens, two DEO agents, Guardian, a NCPD Detective, and any other unknown off-worldly element would seem like a bad idea. Some how though, Cadmus got it done. We did enjoy seeing Guardian make the save for Alex though!
- Snapper Carr Interview: Snapper is a tough cookie to crack! He is showing good integrity by not taking the half story that Supergirl gave. It is unfortunate however that he can't run it because it could save lives. On the other hand, we can't just trust Supergirl (even though we do personally).
- J'onn Tricks Alex: We did not see this coming at all! This is one of the better "gotcha" moments that Supergirl has pulled off. They even gave us sneak peeks that Dean Cain's Jeremiah would have a meeting with Alex in her apartment, but we did not think ever that it would be a Martian Manhunter trick to test Alex's loyalty. Good job J'onn. We love Alex but chasing down your own father can't be easy. She would be compromised.
- Lillian's Inside Woman: We've been wondering where Cadmus was getting their budget! It's not like the government would support the DEO and Cadmus. They would be at odds. So who has money like a small government? L Corp of course! Not only is Cadmus getting money from Lex's old corporation but Lillian as an inside woman to keep an eye on Lena! Pretty sneaky!
- Jeremiah Chooses Alex: We wanted Jeremiah to be on the side of his daughters so badly and being stuck between your family and your morality isn't a choice anyone should have to make. But we can't blame Jeremiah for what he did. In once quick moment, he did however make the right choice and trusted in Alex (who by the way was an amazing badass this episode). Those moves would give James Bond a run for his money!
- Kara Grounds the Alien Ship: Every season 1 fan knows that music by heart! The moment when Kara first went Solar Flare and burnt out her powers (and Red Tornado). It was a moment we needed to see so badly as fans too, Supergirl performing the impossible! This time with the help and support of her sister just on the other side of the ship's glass! It was the touching Supergirl moment we wanted to see with the music that makes us lose our minds! Simply extraordinary TV!
- Kara is Fired: Well, we can't say we didn't see that coming. This episode certainly had a theme, doing what is right. Jeremiah was stuck between choosing his family and his morality. J'onn was too to some extent and Kara had the story but couldn't reveal the sources. She saved lives like she always does but loses her job because of it! Snapper wasn't wrong but gosh that sucks!
Final wrap up. Tonight was all about the consequences of doing what's right. Kara and the article, Jeremiah and his daughters, and finally J'onn and Alex. We don't know where Kara is going to go to next or if she even gets a paycheck from the DEO but she'll need a new job soon! Like she said in the episode, Supergirl is what she can do, Kara is who she is. Good food for thought... OH AND TERI HATCHER APPEARED WITH KEVIN SORBO AS THE KING AND QUEEN OF DAXAM!!!! WOW!
Let us know what you thought of the episode in the comments below and in the forum! Also we'd like to round up all the advertisements like Cadmus did with the aliens and ship them away from our site! Help us do that and visit the support page!