4/7/2017 10:07 am
We're still quite a ways away from a new episode of Supergirl but we can finally start to speculate what is going to happen in the episode with the official description finally being released (of course if you've been to our spoiler page you probably know QUITE a lot about this episode)! We've known via Andrew Kreisberg that this episode would focus on the importance of Journalism and with the description below, we can see why:
“IZOMBIE’S” RAHUL KOHLI GUEST STARS – Lena’s (guest star Katie McGarth) ex-boyfriend, Jack Spheer (guest star Rahul Kohli), comes to National City to unveil his big breakthrough in nano-technology, which has the potential to eradicate all diseases. Lena asks Kara to attend Jack’s conference with her for support. When Kara sees Snapper (guest Star Ian Gomez) in attendance she’s inspired to tap back into her reporter skills and questions Jack on his discovery, which ultimately leads to a bigger investigation that puts everyone in danger. Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Caitlin Parrish (#218). Original airdate 4/24/2017.
4/5/2017 10:07 am
Supergirl down time makes our minds wander. During and after season 1, we were able to enjoy Sterling Gate's companion comic book, Adventures of Supergirl, to continue the story while we were between seasons. Sadly we don't have that distraction anymore. So, to keep our minds happy, we sat down and contemplated the 5 guest heroes we want to see in season 3 and who might play them. Here's our list:
- STARFIRE: Each of the DC TV shows holds a specific area of the DC universe that they are exploring. Flash has the multiverse, Legends have time travel and Supergirl has cemented itself as the show with aliens (obviously as our main character is an alien). So that said, we would love it if Koriand'r herself could show up to Earth for a girl power super episode! With the Daxamites, Dominators, Durlans and mentions of Starhaven, Supergirl's galactic appeal makes the show a perfect vehicle for a visit from a live action Starfire! As for who could play the Tamaran Princess?
Actor Pick: Katherine McNamara! We've claimed in the past that she could be a perfect Barbara Gordon (which we still agree with) but she also has that Starfire look.
Potential Pitfall: Katherine already has a show going right now that actually competes against Supergirl's time slot on the Freeform network. In fact her show, Shadow Hunters, won the GLAAD award for best drama (the category Supergirl was entered in). So all that said, her availability is probably difficult to come by.
- BATGIRL: Kara and Barbara have shared some incredible exploits in the comics for a long time. Being the female counterparts to their DC foundation characters, Kara and Barbara were destined to be friends and share some major crime-fighting adventures. Having a visit from Ms. Gordon would open the world of Earth 38 to a slew of storytelling opportunities! A female variation on the classic Superman Animated Series story "Knight Time" would be incredible to see! (For those that don't know that story, Batman goes missing and Superman dresses up as the Dark Knight to keep Gotham in check and find out where Bruce has gone). Extrapolate that to Melissa dressing up as Batgirl to find Barbara! OH MY GOD we could die happy!
Actor Pick: Alycia Debnam-Cary! Alycia has ties to the CW which is a pool Greg Berlanti pulls from often. Also, with her fame from The 100 and the devastating exit from that show, The CW owes the fans. This could be a perfect role for her on an incredible show.
Potential Pitfall: Batgirl is a very difficult character to get clearance on. Getting Superman was a miracle and that is because the show is literally titled Supergirl. With Joss Whedon's Batgirl movie coming, and shows like Gotham already in existence, getting Barbara could be an impossible hurdle (We've also been told there might be bad blood between AMC and CW which makes this even more doubtful).
- WONDERGIRL: Your best friend is someone you can ususally do just about anything with. Kara has always had to be careful around her friends because even when she is excited, she could break the hands of her friends with a high five. Not true with Cassie Sandsmark! Cassie or Wondergirl is the daughter of Zeus and Archeologist Dr. Sandsmark. With her powers nearly similar to Wonder Woman's, Cassie is a perfect best friend for Kara. They could do everything together including flying! Cassie and Kara have shared some shenanigans in the comics before too. In fact, they are often close friends as both can sympathize with each other's trials and abilities.
Actor Pick: Halston Sage! She's got the look of Cassie Sandsmark from the comics for sure. Being 5'5" she'll be a bit shorter than Melissa which will be perfect for keeping Kara the focal point. Halston has done some movies before but if she is looking for a TV spot, this could be a grand-slam role.
Potential Pitfall: Wondergirl has the same troubles that Batgirl does but to a lesser degree. The Wonder Woman movie debuts later this year and it is unclear if DC Comics would want to try and help the movie with an appearance from Wondergirl on Supergirl or if they feel it would detract from the movie's success.
- RAVEN: Mystical arts are certainly explored in Constantine and Arrow but don't forget Supergirl has delved into the Magical unknowns as well. With magic being one of the few weaknesses Kryptonians have on Earth, introducing a magical ally could be exactly what Kara needs. With Siobhan Smythe already out there with a vengeance against Supergirl, Raven could provide the magic needed to keep her safe. It can also lead to a very beautiful and dramatic story arc with Raven's father returning through her and turning her evil. Supergirl could battle her friend and help her return to the sunny side of National city, filled with tears and drama all along the way.
Actor Pick: Bianca Santos! Bianca has the chops for a role like this and further more adds some more diversity to the show. She's even done a movie in the horror genre which could serve her well in the darker parts this role would require.
Potential Pitfall: Raven comes with a TON of baggage that would need to be explored for fans that don't know her story. That is a daunting task to accomplish when the show is supposed to be about Supergirl. Maybe this could be a story told while Melissa is filming a new crossover event?
- STEEL: Not the John Henry Irons version, but his neice Natasha Irons! John Henry Irons was inspired by Superman when he was saved from falling off a skyscraper after he himself saved a co-worker. When he asked Superman how he could pay him back, Superman told him "live a life worth saving". A similar story with Supergirl inspiring Natasha could result in a true team up story. Throughout the show, some of the best moments are when Supergirl is able to inspire people to do the right thing on their own rather than her having to stop them. Steel provides the ultimate expression of that inspiration.
Actor Pick: Tessa Thompson! Her work in the movie Creed shows she has the range needed for the character and we could easily see her sharing scenes with Melissa. The two could have great chemistry together fighting alongside each other or hanging out at the alien bar!
Potential Pitfall: Steel has a lot of similarities to James' Guardian storyline already told in the show. Adding another super-powered hero via a super suit could turn audiences off.
Honorable mention, Zatanna! We tried to look at heroes that would be new to live action universe, at least more or less. Smallville actually had a rather prominent Zatanna which is why she wasn't on our top 5. So there you have it, five heroes we'd like to see guest star in season 3 of Supergirl. Not knowing the direction that season 3 is going yet could make this list totally wrong but for now, we think its a winner!
4/4/2017 10:25 am
Today is a big day for Supergirl.tv! As you know, we don't have advertisements on the site but we do have an affiliates section. Affiliates are sites/services/events that we believe will enrich your Supergril experience and are personally vetted by us to make sure the affiliate has your best interests at heart. For the longest time we've had three affiliates we believe in. Well today we are so excited to announce a fourth! Super Fan Convention! So many of us have gone to Comic Con, Wonder Con, or even our local city comicbook conventions and the amount and scale of those events, while impressive, can make it very difficult to find time with the specific love you went there to experience. Super Fan Convention is here to solve that very hurt. A convention solely for the fans of Supergirl!!!! We took a moment to talk with the organizers about this tremendous convention and here's what they had to say:
What is Super Fan Con?
Super Fan Con is a fan-run endeavor to unite the Supergirl Fandom in one place and show our support for our favorite show. We want to bring fans together from all over the globe to spend time with each other and to get a chance to meet some of the amazing actors from the show.
What separates your convention from other cons?
As opposed to the large corporations who run multiple TV show conventions, we are solely dedicated to running a convention for the show Supergirl. We are also not a large corporation but two fans dedicating their time and resources to make this convention for all fans a reality. The convention is also limited to 500 seats to provide a more intimate experience for those in attendance.
Who can we expect to see? Will there be more guests in the future?
We currently have 4 guests announced, Mehcad Brooks, Dean Cain, Brenda Strong and Sachin Sahel. We are working on adding more guests to the convention. To be transparent with our attendees and potential attendees, the amount of guests we are able to add really depends on other fans' support. As we are just two fans putting this convention together, our financial resources are finite but with the support of other fans willing to purchase passes and extras, we will be able to move forward with securing more guests.
Are there any autographs and photo opportunities?
Absolutely, every one of our Guests will participate in Autographs and Photo ops throughout the convention. Attendees can find tentative schedule information for these opportunities under our Schedule tab of the website. We are also able to offer very limited, yet special, Meet and Greet opportunities. The Meet and Greet opportunities, allow fans to spend 30 minutes with a Guest in a more intimate setting. Only 10 attendees will be allowed to attend a meet and greet with any one guest.
Are there any special events going on?
On Friday, we will host our Friday night welcome party for attendees. We’ll have some fun surprises in store for our attendees at this event. On Saturday, we will host a themed Saturday night party for attendees. Our attendees have the ability to vote on the theme via our website under the FAQ page. Sachin Sahel and quite possibly other guests will attend to have some fun with our attendees. We are also proud to support the BC SPCA and we will be holding a special auction for attendees to bid on items not otherwise available. The funds raised will be donated to the BC SPCA.
When and where is Super Fan Con taking place? Do you have any recommendations on where fans should stay during their visit?
Our convention is taking place, September 8-10, 2017 in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It is being held at the beautiful, Pinnacle Harbourfront Vancouver. Attendees receive a special rate from the hotel if they book through our website under the venue tab. Under the venue tab, attendees and potential attendees can see pictures and video of our host venue.
All very exciting news and with more guests on the way, this sounds like a fan's best opportunity to meet fellow fans of the show as well as the actors themselves! Furthermore, we'll be giving away some free passes in the future so stay tuned for that. If you want more information on the con, or are already looking to get tickets, visit their website here! Also, if you ever wanted to meet us in person, we will be there as well!
Let us know if you think you can attend and or your thoughts on the convention in the comments below and in the forum! Superfancon also has a user account here and can answer your questions here if you like. As always, consider visiting the support page too and keep us advertisement free!
4/4/2017 9:46 am
Access Hollywood had the chance to meet up with Chyler Leigh and Floriana Lima on the red carpet of the GLAAD awards a couple of nights ago. The pair was in attendance representing their characters, Alex Danvers and Maggie Sawyer as well as their show Supergirl. The show was up for an award in the category of Best Drama Series but didn't win. Freeform's Shadow Hunters took home the award. Nonetheless, the importance of being nominated and what Chyler and Floriana's story represents was not lost on the actors. See their red carpet interview below:
4/3/2017 10:21 am
We have often said that we are in the Golden Age of comics on Television. When we were at Paleyfest, Kevin Smith gave a hilarious and well thought out introduction to the superhero panel. He mentioned that what gets him so excited about these shows is that he gets the same feeling each week as he did when he would read the books as a child. That is only possible because of how incredible technology is these days and the talents of the people who wield it. The VFX crew at Supergirl is doing some amazing things to bring to life the extra-terrestrial ideas from the pages of the comics to life on the screen. Just what all goes into doing this process can be summed up perfectly in this VFX video below:
What did you think of the video? Can you believe all that work gets done almost weekly for us to enjoy on a TV show?! Incredible! Let us know what you think in the comments below and in the forum! Also, help out our VFX budget as we are using special effects to hide all the advertisements from this site so you don't have to see them! Visit the support page!