MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Speculation
  4. Thursday, 30 July 2020
I decided to start basically a Supergirl season 6 thread.I was already figuring we may get some news at DC's FanDome event next month but apparently there was a Virtual Wizard World Con in the past few days and several cast members were there.Apparently there was some season 6 news there.TheDCTVshow has a report on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_031LiXNw

The Major news points.

1)Jesse Rath revealed they plan to begin shooting September 28.

DCTVshow speculates that they might do what they did at the start of season 4 where other cast members like Jesse will begin shooting September 28 but Melissa might start a little later.

2)Helen Slater will be in a couple episodes in season 6.

The next bit I'll spoiler highlight since it could be considered a spoiler.

3)
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
From Jesse Rath:"The writers are working on,not a Legion story but what I think is the essence of what The Legion Of Superheroes is."

DCTVShow speculates he's not expecting Legion members appearing but more the idea of what The Legion is.A team of superheroes coming together.So really Team Supergirl really coming together as a team and becoming the basis of what The Legion becomes in the future.

ETA

I think I found the actual panel video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzf8eZ6LmhY

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I took Melissa’s statement to mean she wasn't on set for the Leigh directed episode, but I did not take it to mean she isn't necessarily in the episode... just not the part filmed while Leigh was directing. I think the inserts likely have a different director. At least, that was my assumption, which could be wrong. However, I am hopeful, we get a little Melissa in each... if not, we do still get Kara, the teen version in those prom episodes.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 221
Votes
Undo
Some additional images for "A Few Good Women" have been released, finally having a couple that feature Kara in the Phantom Zone. There, we see Jason Behr's character, who is clearly wearing Kryptonian garb with the House of El's crest on his chest.

I would anticipate that Jason is acting as a Zor-El recast, and that Zor-El ended up in the Phantom Zone, somehow. I can't think of anyone else who would be wearing that crest.

12.jpg
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 222
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the photos, kdogg87! I am INSANELY jealous!!!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 223
Votes
Undo
Some additional images for "A Few Good Women" have been released, finally having a couple that feature Kara in the Phantom Zone. There, we see Jason Behr's character, who is clearly wearing Kryptonian garb with the House of El's crest on his chest.

I would anticipate that Jason is acting as a Zor-El recast, and that Zor-El ended up in the Phantom Zone, somehow. I can't think of anyone else who would be wearing that crest.

[attachment]12.jpg[/attachment]

https://twitter.com/TheDCTVshow/status/1377948085062676482

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex90SdWXAAMpSok?format=jpg

https://twitter.com/TheDCTVshow/status/1377945668925456384

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex9w36AWQAAvQkC?format=jpg

I get such Helen Slater & Peter O'Toole in the Phantom Zone vibes from the Supergirl film
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 224
Votes
Undo
I like the OG hair with the newer pants super suit.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 225
Votes
Undo
I like the OG hair with the newer pants super suit.

I'll still always be a fan of the skirt. But I do admit, the new suit looks MUCH better with the old/current hair.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 226
Votes
Undo

[attachment]12.jpg[/attachment]

https://twitter.com/TheDCTVshow/status/1377948085062676482

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex90SdWXAAMpSok?format=jpg

https://twitter.com/TheDCTVshow/status/1377945668925456384

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex9w36AWQAAvQkC?format=jpg

I get such Helen Slater & Peter O'Toole in the Phantom Zone vibes from the Supergirl film

What if the character is neither Jor-El or Zor-El? I have two suggestions/theories as to who the Kryptonian is and I want some feedback on what you think! The first is Seg-El(of Sci-fye's canceled Krypton). I could see the Arrowverse repurposing his backstorybut the part about him being stripped of the name of the House of El because Seg's own grandfather was responsible for said zone's construction to begin with is something I can see the creators utilize. In this scenario I could see him wanting to redeem himself by helping the last daughter of El escape the phantom zone! The second possibility is H'el. In the comics he Originally a clone a clone created from the cells of countless of Kryptonians and when he meets kara, he explains that he is on a mission to bring Krypton back to life and asks for her help. I could easily seeing H'el giving a a token of false sincerity to our Kara offering his help to aid in her escape. In my view H'el is perfect because the character who does appear says "there are fates worse than that"(a quote used Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows) and the Phantom zone is literally a living Hell. Thoughts?

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 227
Votes
Undo
@ The Speedster

Both good ideas. But I don't see them using Seg...it would be REALLY cool, but if they were gonna do Seg, why not just cast the actor from Krypton?

And H'el would be an interesting twist, but I'm not sure I credit the writers with being able to pull off a story like that.

I still think he's Zor-El, and I have two theories.

The first is that he's kinda taking the role of Zaltar from the Supergirl movie, and acting as a sort of survival guide in the Phantom Zone.

The other option, while far less likely, would be REALLY cool...I just don't credit the writers for coming up with something this cool. But I think it'd be amazing if they were planting the seeds for Zor-El's version of Cyborg Superman for the back half of the season. At this point, it's just fan fic...but follow me on this:

Zor El "died" after getting the Argo City dome up and running, as Alura said back in season 3. His body is shot into space, per Kryptonian funeral custom (like was done with Astra). His space casket is discovered by Brainiac, who recognizes the inherent power of Kryptonian DNA, and uses nano tech to convert Zor El into his herald, Cyborg Superman 2.

Fast forward, and Cyborg Superman attacks Argo. Not knowing it's Zor El, they send him to the Phantom Zone. There, separated from Brainiac's influence, Zor El is able to take control of his body, and uses the nanotech to take on his normal Kryptonian form, while enduring his imprisonment.

Fast forward, and his grown daughter is sent to the Phantom Zone. Together, they both end up escaping...but upon escaping into the normal universe, his connection to Brainiac is restored, and Kara is forced to watch in horror as Zor-El transforms into the Cyborg Superman, herald of Brainiac. The rest of the season would be spent on trying to prevent Cyborg Superman from bringing Brainiac to Earth.

Like I said...it's a long shot. But it would be a REALLY cool story that holds emotional stakes for Kara, and world saving stakes for the rest of the team.

It would be really cool for them to do that story justice, after the DISASTER that was Hank Henshaw's "Cyborg Superman".

Speaking of...isn't Henshaw still on the loose? I don't recall him ever being captured or destroyed.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 228
Votes
Undo
@ The Speedster

Both good ideas. But I don't see them using Seg...it would be REALLY cool, but if they were gonna do Seg, why not just cast the actor from Krypton?

And H'el would be an interesting twist, but I'm not sure I credit the writers with being able to pull off a story like that.

I still think he's Zor-El, and I have two theories.

The first is that he's kinda taking the role of Zaltar from the Supergirl movie, and acting as a sort of survival guide in the Phantom Zone.

The other option, while far less likely, would be REALLY cool...I just don't credit the writers for coming up with something this cool. But I think it'd be amazing if they were planting the seeds for Zor-El's version of Cyborg Superman for the back half of the season. At this point, it's just fan fic...but follow me on this:

Zor El "died" after getting the Argo City dome up and running, as Alura said back in season 3. His body is shot into space, per Kryptonian funeral custom (like was done with Astra). His space casket is discovered by Brainiac, who recognizes the inherent power of Kryptonian DNA, and uses nano tech to convert Zor El into his herald, Cyborg Superman 2.

Fast forward, and Cyborg Superman attacks Argo. Not knowing it's Zor El, they send him to the Phantom Zone. There, separated from Brainiac's influence, Zor El is able to take control of his body, and uses the nanotech to take on his normal Kryptonian form, while enduring his imprisonment.

Fast forward, and his grown daughter is sent to the Phantom Zone. Together, they both end up escaping...but upon escaping into the normal universe, his connection to Brainiac is restored, and Kara is forced to watch in horror as Zor-El transforms into the Cyborg Superman, herald of Brainiac. The rest of the season would be spent on trying to prevent Cyborg Superman from bringing Brainiac to Earth.

Like I said...it's a long shot. But it would be a REALLY cool story that holds emotional stakes for Kara, and world saving stakes for the rest of the team.

It would be really cool for them to do that story justice, after the DISASTER that was Hank Henshaw's "Cyborg Superman".

Your theories are pretty much the same as mine now.I think the first part of the season will be a take off of Zaltar and Kara in the Phantom Zone from the Supergirl film but with Zor-El instead but the second half of the season he'll be a villain that Supergirl has to deal with that will bring a lot of emotional distress to our hero.Almost a full circle for the series.The first season she had to stop her Aunt.The final season,she has to stop her father.

I don't know if they'll go full Cyborg Superman like the comics.If they do,they'll have to handle it better than they did with Hank Henshaw hopfully.

Speaking of...isn't Henshaw still on the loose? I don't recall him ever being captured or destroyed.

They pretty much dropped that plotline.David wasn't very happy with that storyline and I think they just dropped it and never went back as a result.It's not the only time the show has dropped a storyline for various reasons.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 229
Votes
Undo
IMO... Kelly's suit looks closer to the comic book than James' suit did... gender aside obviously. She has a bike too! This looks post PZ as Supergirl is partially in the frame.
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 230
Votes
Undo
IMO... Kelly's suit looks closer to the comic book than James' suit did... gender aside obviously. She has a bike too! This looks post PZ as Supergirl is partially in the frame.

I think episode 12 is filming which is the one Azie Tesfai has written.So this might be from that.

ETA

David Ramsey(John Diggle)-is directing this episode that is currently filming so yes,this is the episode Azie wrote.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 231
Votes
Undo

I think episode 12 is filming which is the one Azie Tesfai has written.So this might be from that.

ETA

David Ramsey(John Diggle)-is directing this episode that is currently filming so yes,this is the episode Azie wrote.

Speaking of which, the YouTube page DCTV Heroes has very short film (0:16) of proving how during takes, there's dancing on the set. Now this video was shot by someone from a little distance so keep a sharp eye out for Melissa and the gang being silly.

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 232
Votes
Undo
@kdogg87 I'll still always be a fan of the skirt. But I do admit, the new suit looks MUCH better with the old/current hair.

The skirt is so iconic. It can't really be topped. But, the pants are more functional stunt wise.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 233
Votes
Undo
Per TVLine

Though Cryer is not a series regular for the CW drama’s farewell run, I am hearing that, following a brief, upcoming absence, Lex will again loom large in the back half of the season.

I know Cryer has a somewhat polarizing effect on Supergirl fans, you either love him or you don't. Personally, I think Cryer should be the big bad for the back half of the final season. He is established and they don't need to introduce a new foil. Stick with what we know and build upon it.

I am still hoping Kara heads to the future to join the Legion as in the comics. My second option would be for her to return to Argos.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 234
Votes
Undo
Cat Pat
Though Cryer is not a series regular for the CW drama’s farewell run, I am hearing that, following a brief, upcoming absence, Lex will again loom large in the back half of the season.

I know Cryer has a somewhat polarizing effect on Supergirl fans, you either love him or you don't. Personally, I think Cryer should be the big bad for the back half of the final season. He is established and they don't need to introduce a new foil. Stick with what we know and build upon it.

I am still hoping Kara heads to the future to join the Legion as in the comics. My second option would be for her to return to Argos.

I've had quite enough of Lex and I see nothing to build upon with this worn out character. And I'm sick of the mother too. I mean how many times are you going to retread that flat tire. And yes, I also hope that Kara goes to the future and her and Monty live happily ever after. The End

July 20,1969 "The Americans Are On The Moon"
American Land (London Calling: Live In Hyde Park, 2009)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 235
Votes
Undo
@muckle9999 I've had quite enough of Lex and I see nothing to build upon with this worn out character. And I'm sick of the mother too. I mean how many times are you going to retread that flat tire. And yes, I also hope that Kara goes to the future and her and Monty live happily ever after. The End

As I said polarizing and all are entitled to their opinions. Fans often disagree.

I, for one, think Lillian Luthor is sublime and always a welcome presence onscreen. I think many will be in agreement.

Of Supergirl's TV villains, Jon Cryer has made the biggest impact. I'd much prefer to see him as the end-game protagonist as opposed to trying to build a new one in the short time left.

I want Supergirl to go out in the most satisfying way for fans.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 236
Votes
Undo
Supergirl 6x02 Sneak Peek "A Few Good Women" (HD) Season 6 Episode 2 Sneak Peek

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 237
Votes
Undo
Another interview with the Supergirl showrunners.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/supergirl-showrunners-meaningful-final-season/
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 238
Votes
Undo
@kdogg87 I know they are! Thomas Lennon was present when I was on set, last week. There should be some pics earlier in this thread!

How cool! I didn't realize that was Thomas in that picture. I was wondering who it was... now, it's so obvious... lol
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Speculation
  3. # 240

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!