MEMBERS
  1. Kiwi
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl Season 4
  4. Saturday, 09 March 2019
Continuation of the previous thread, covers discussion of any Episodes of Season 4.

Post any reviews, comments, articles, photos, Synopsis, anything and everything really related to Supergirl Season 4 episodes.
Attachments (1)
Who is viewing this page
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
An interesting poll and commentary on what should happen to Red Daughter.
To me there are only 2 choices.... she merges back with Kara. Which I think will happen, or she goes to jail. How would anything else work after she has killed people?

The People's Republic of Kasnia may have a different take on their beloved Red Daughter.

The third option is that she dies gloriously for the motherland.
Votes
Undo
May as well move on to a Part 3 Thread for the the Final 5 episodes of Season 4. Thanks all for your contributions to this thread. :)
Votes
Undo
That's a wrap on Season 4 filming. Here's Instagram posts from Melissa, Nicole and Jennifer with a Photo and a Video from Jesse.

Thanks to all the cast and crew for their work over the season.

Let's get the show (the final 5 episodes) on the road where I am going to enjoy watching my Supergirl's Melissa and Helen :) :) .
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Oh yeah. Good points, Brier. I totally forgot that add time of hiatus.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Count me in as someone who’s liking the lack of spoilers. Definitely less than last year and if it was someone on set I hope they were fired or banned. There is IMO one more factor, last year we had that long break. TPTB wanted to release BTS and cast interviews during that time so as little momentum was lost as possible. Timing also worked against keeping things a secret. Last year filming was finishing at just about the same time we started getting the final nine episodes and the more time between filming and when we see what happens the greater the chance for leaks. This year there won’t be nearly as much time after they wrap and when we see the final five and with a typical network schedule TPTB don’t feel the same pressure to get the word out. Crossing my fingers for no major leaks before the finale.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I was just thinkin we haven't had as many spoilers now as we usually do going into the final weeks. Still had the same amount throughout the season, you are correct. Though, in previous years, I feel like I had SOMEwhat of a good idea of what might be happening in the end due to oodles of BTS and leaks. Oh, and we can't forget those leaks from last year that spread from, perhaps, someone who was on set. Took some of the fun out of it. Even with trying to avoid those leaks from last year, they spread a bit too much to avoid all together.

Agreed, though. Happy to know Helen will be in, at least, one of said final episodes. You know me, the Danvers are my favorite part about the show :D
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Anybody else notice that there seems to be much less leaks this year, especially, visual ones leading up to the final episodes? As much as I really appreciate BTS photos, I actually have really liked not having a lot to go by/spoilers.

That possibly has something to do with Winter and more filming indoors. If you look through your Season 4 BTS Randoms thread there was quite a bit of BTS photos and videos we posted from the 1st 8 episodes plus all the Elseworlds crossover BTS, since then though there hasn't been much. Over the past couple of weeks I've seen some photos of filming from Episode 20 or 21 and 22 but have decided against posting them here. We are going to see the final 5 episodes of the season over the next month anyway so I feel there wasn't much point.

I do agree that there hasn't been as many spoilers released this year, the likes of EW and Tvline used to regularly have Supergirl stuff in their spoiler articles but I've hardly seen any this season. It's also felt like there hasn't been as many interviews with cast and crew as in previous years. That's my perception anyway.

Wish we didn't know that Helen Slater was on set recently. That would have been a HUGE and welcomed surprise.

I was actually quite happy to hear Helen would be in an upcoming episode, it's given me in addition to Kara/Supergirl's story something to really look forward to especially if Helen has scenes with Melissa as they're my favourite when Helen is on the show. I was thinking after Episode 16 there's not many episodes left for Helen to make another appearance in Season 4 (didn't want the only time of seeing her in a season to be the about 3 minutes she was on screen in Episode 6) so it was an awesome feeling to read she was in Vancouver later that same week. I definitely preferred knowing that she would be in another Season 4 episode (or possibly episodes).
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Ahh you misunderstand. I wasn't talking about cause and effect there
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Chyler being polled higher than Melissa oddly reflects the state of the show where Alex generally defeats everything but Kara...well.....

Nah, it reflects the fact that Alex is a reflection of a group in our fandom that do huge blocks in voting. HOWEVER, in this particular case, it is simply the contributors to the site, the writers if you will.....not the fandom that came up with that list. And they have shown in the past a bias towards Chyler, however....I don't think it has to do with her ability to get all the hand to hand fighting scenes....lol. I do often wonder however if the showrunners and writers remember who actually carries the name of the show at times. If it were Amell, he would be screaming to no end who holds the top spot. However, Melissa is very giving and it shows.....alot........a whole lot. :p
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Chyler being polled higher than Melissa oddly reflects the state of the show where Alex generally defeats everything but Kara...well.....
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
To me there are only 2 choices.... she merges back with Kara. Which I think will happen, or she goes to jail. How would anything else work after she has killed people?

As another alternative, recall that Lex staged an American attack on Kasnia, that missile that did not blow up the little boy. People in Superworld do not appear to have worked out that the attack was a phony. Red Daughter was a retaliatory attack by Kasnia, escalated enough to make the point that further American attacks on Kasnia would be a bad idea. At some point, it is worked out that everything is Lex Luthor's fault, both nations apologize for shooting at each other and killing each other's citizens, and peace is restored. Of course, that requires a great deal of political skill on the part of the American President, unless -- there was some evidence; his behavior was odd once while lecturing iirc the DEO -- it is found that the American President is also a Luthor stooge, in which case he gets replaced by the Speaker of the House.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Melissa finished a clear and respectable 2nd in Spoiler TV's Performer of the Month (March 2019) with 580 out of 2,056 votes. She'll always be our # 1.

What's interesting is in the March 2019 Staff Choice Performer of the Month Chyler Leigh finished 3rd for her performance in Episode 13. I can't actually remember too much of her from that episode apart from the nice Alex scenes with Supergirl and her fight with Manchester Black. Can someone with a better memory enlighten me on her performance in that episode?.

I also see David Harewood got 3 votes for Episode 16 but I don't think he was even in that episode, perhaps it was meant to say Episode 17.
I was cool with the 2nd place for Melissa but the staff choice of a 3rd place to Chyler and 19 for Melissa is waaaaaay off of the viewers choices, seems kinda of biased...not real into those polls anymore.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Anybody else notice that there seems to be much less leaks this year, especially, visual ones leading up to the final episodes? As much as I really appreciate BTS photos, I actually have really liked not having a lot to go by/spoilers. Much more fun having surprises pop up--i.e. Brenda Strong showing up. Wish we didn't know that Helen Slater was on set recently. That would have been a HUGE and welcomed surprise.

But, I do have to say, I haven't been this excited and hopeful for greatness for the final episodes since season 1.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
Melissa finished a clear and respectable 2nd in Spoiler TV's Performer of the Month (March 2019) with 580 out of 2,056 votes. She'll always be our # 1.

What's interesting is in the March 2019 Staff Choice Performer of the Month Chyler Leigh finished 3rd for her performance in Episode 13. I can't actually remember too much of her from that episode apart from the nice Alex scenes with Supergirl and her fight with Manchester Black. Can someone with a better memory enlighten me on her performance in that episode?.

I also see David Harewood got 3 votes for Episode 16 but I don't think he was even in that episode, perhaps it was meant to say Episode 17.
References
  1. https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/04/performers-of-month-march-2019-voting.html
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
How would it be out of character for the show? Every person thus far that has killed people has gone to jail. Even Guardian was going to jail when it was thought that he was a serial killer back in Season 2, he was headed for jail and had to clear his name
I think the show plays a bit loose with when characters should actually be in jail for the crimes they committed. And maybe we also need to define "killed people" because J'onn killed Manchester just a couple of episodes ago and Lena killed Adam. Perhaps they could use the Stockholm Syndrome or brainwashing defense with the RD :D .

Personally, I think they'll go the route of merging her back with Kara and that's probably for the best. Since she is really a part of Kara, it would make sense for her to do so. And also, this way, she isn't really gone - she continues to exist within Kara just as she did before the split. I would see her then as looking at the world through Kara's eyes, helping to guide Kara's decisions. But, now with a bit more personal "outside the body" experience and insight to help add to Kara's character.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo

I agree that she will likely be re-merged with Kara. But if not, I do not think she would go to jail. That would be out of character for the show. In return for her evidence against Lex she would be given a pardon and stripped of her powers.

How would it be out of character for the show? Every person thus far that has killed people has gone to jail. Even Guardian was going to jail when it was thought that he was a serial killer back in Season 2, he was headed for jail and had to clear his name.

A fair question. What I mean is that it would be out of the show's character to jail a person who is essentially Kara, and who when committing her crimes was being used as a weapon, manipulated by Lex. I don't think the show would jail a character who the fandom likes and is sympathetic to. In return for her testimony and cooperation she would be pardoned and stripped of her powers. Just one possible scenario.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo

I agree that she will likely be re-merged with Kara. But if not, I do not think she would go to jail. That would be out of character for the show. In return for her evidence against Lex she would be given a pardon and stripped of her powers.

How would it be out of character for the show? Every person thus far that has killed people has gone to jail. Even Guardian was going to jail when it was thought that he was a serial killer back in Season 2, he was headed for jail and had to clear his name.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
References
  1. http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2019/04/red-daughter-poll-what-will-happen-to.html#more
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 4
  3. # 20

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.