MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Season 6
  4. Friday, 16 April 2021
Starting a new thread under the Season 6 Category.

Another blog for episode 12 from Canadagraphs.

https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/status/1383116045888622594

NEW BLOG
#Supergirl episode 6x12 filming with Azie Tesfai and David Ramsey yesterday

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-episode-6x12-scenes-azie-tesfai-david-ramsey

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzHQdbIVUAILCTw?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzHQg6IVkAUbubE?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzHQpYJVkAEJ4z_?format=jpg

The blog confirms that David Ramsey is in episode 12 as Diggle as well as directing it.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
@comic fan

I had just read that CBR article and was checking to see if anyone posted the link to it yet on this site.

I think Kara could and should get a proper ending to her show on Supergirl proper. But, yes she could return for the Flash crossover event. I'd love it to be the Superfriends, as Barry set up Arrowverse's Hall of Justice in Central City... and Gleek is running around their someplace.

I personally hope Kara will join the Legion. That was a big part of her story in the comics. They could still do that at the end of Supergirl but have one last mission in present day Earth Prime before she goes!

Best of both!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 101
Votes
Undo
Canadagraph has a blog up for episode 16.

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-episode-6x16-melissa-benoist-chyler-leigh-katie-mcgrath-jesse-rath-on-set

The title of episode 16 is,"Nightmare In National City"
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 102
Votes
Undo
Canadagraph has a blog up for episode 16.

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-episode-6x16-melissa-benoist-chyler-leigh-katie-mcgrath-jesse-rath-on-set

The title of episode 16 is,"Nightmare In National City"

A great set of photos, thanks for sharing. BTS photos demonstrate how much effort and detail goes into creating just one scene: the rehearsals (in masks), the many takes (without masks), and the acting skill involved in reacting to an imaginary object or person in a convincing manner. I like the obvious enjoyment this cast has in working together, especially photos 35, 54-56, 64, 68, and 71. Also impressive athleticism shown by Melissa in 25, 30, and 31.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 103
Votes
Undo
Great pics from episode 16.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 104
Votes
Undo
Hmmm... Flash and Riverdale have fall premieres set for November 16. I wonder if Supergirl's finale will be 11/2 or 11/9. As Stargirl gets a slight jump over Supergirl 's back 13, I also wonder if Supergirl ends with a two episode back-to-back finale?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 105
Votes
Undo
Hmmm... Flash and Riverdale have fall premieres set for November 16. I wonder if Supergirl's finale will be 11/2 or 11/9. As Stargirl gets a slight jump over Supergirl 's back 13, I also wonder if Supergirl ends with a two episode back-to-back finale?
Yah, that doesn’t add up by my calculations if they go straight through episode 20 would be on 11/16. I hope Supergirl gets a retrospective hour like Arrow did but the next season primer dates kinda dashes that.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 106
Votes
Undo
Yeah... that's my thinking, episodes will air without interruption, leaving episodes 19 and 20 paired on 11/9, with no retrospect special. Stargirl should conclude its season prior to 11/9, leaving both hours?available for the SG sign-off.

It would be great if Melissa is part of the 5 episode Flash crossover, depending how they decide to end Supergirl.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 107
Votes
Undo
I also think Supergirl will air its final two episodes the same night as a two hour series finale the week before the Flash & Riverdale premieres.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 108
Votes
Undo
I’m resigned to no retrospective, Black Lightning didn’t get one and yes I’ll be pissed if Flash does. I agree having two episodes of Supergirl one night is the only way the scheduling works, having it be the last two episodes makes the most sense. If Supergirl is part of the planned “events” at the beginning of Flash season eight I don’t want the Supergirl finale to story wise in any lead into it. Kara and everyone else should have endings on Supergirl and those endings should stand on their own. Black Lightning ended with conclusions to all the characters storylines and in a way that I think it’s possible for Jefferson to appear say on Flash without undoing his ending on his show. It’s possible to do something similar for Kara and others on Supergirl. The difference is if Kara appears in one of these “event” episodes it will be very close possibly only a week after the Supergirl finale which does feel kinda weird. We’ll have to see how Supergirl ends and the big if, logistically will Melissa or any other cast member be able to do one of these Flash “event” episodes. Personally I don’t think Melissa will say she’ll never put on the cape again it will be about timing. Somebody mentioned having Melissa direct one of these “event” episodes. I agree that’s something that could entice her or David or Chyler to possibly stick around or go back to Vancouver when Flash starts filming season eight in September.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 109
Votes
Undo
Yah, that doesn’t add up by my calculations if they go straight through episode 20 would be on 11/16. I hope Supergirl gets a retrospective hour like Arrow did but the next season primer dates kinda dashes that.

I mean, are we surprised it's not getting a retrospective? That's not really a normal thing. I think Arrow got it because it was the start of this big interconnected universe.

If Flash gets one, when it eventually ends, I'll complain. But lets be real, Supergirl has been the red-headed step child of the Arrowverse for some time, now. It's own spinoff wont acknowledge it's existence (which is frustrating as hell).

As for the dates...IF Supergirl is included in one of the five "Event Episodes" for The Flash (which has been a topic of debate here on the forum), her finale could lead nicely into these Flash episodes.

As for Supergirl's schedule...if we got a new episode, every week, starting on August 24th, the show would conclude on November 16th. However, the 16th is already completely booked with the season premieres for both The Flash and Riverdale.

So, I'm anticipating that we will get a new episode, every week, and then get the final two episodes, airing together, on November 9th. It's the only scheduling set up that makes sense, in my head, to get the final 13 episodes out before the other "Tuesday" shows take over.

I think I might be right on this. Because Stargirl, the Tuesday show that will be paired with Supergirl, starts it's 13 episode run on August 10th. If Stargirl airs every week, it will end it's season on November 2nd.

So, August 10th: Stargirl begins it's 13 episode second season.
August 24th-November 2nd: Stargirl & Supergirl are paired together. Stargirl airs it's finale (episode 13)
November 9th: Two-Hour Series Finale of Supergirl
November 16th: The Flash and Riverdale premiere, taking the place of Stargirl & Supergirl.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 110
Votes
Undo
Somebody mentioned having Melissa direct one of these “event” episodes. I agree that’s something that could entice her or David or Chyler to possibly stick around or go back to Vancouver when Flash starts filming season eight in September

That was me.I thought it may be enticing to direct a episode as well as appearing.I got the impression that Melissa enjoyed directing last season and since it probably wasn't possible this year due to her maternity leave,it may be more worth her while to stick around a few more weeks if she got to direct one of the event episodes and appear in another.Maybe the same for David or Chyler as well.

Tom Cavanagh came back for the 150th episode of The Flash and the season 7 finale and is going to direct the season 1 finale of Superman & Lois.The Flash wrapped filming a few weeks ago.I'm assuming he's sticking around Canada for that rather than leaving and coming back.

Canadagraph's has been saying that he's talked with people from The Flash set and they've told him that the Flash begins filming season 8 at the end of July,not September.If that's true than it may be even easier for Melissa to do the Flash event since Supergirl wraps filming in August.She wouldn't have to wait a few weeks for September.She could jump right over basically to The Flash right after Supergirl wraps,minus any COVID-19 protocol delay,which may be loosening their filming restrictions more by that point.Right now,I think all she would have to do once Supergirl finishes is wait a week for a COVID test before going to The Flash set.

I suspose we'll see.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 111
Votes
Undo
If Supergirl is part of the planned “events” at the beginning of Flash season eight I don’t want the Supergirl finale to story wise in any lead into it. Kara and everyone else should have endings on Supergirl and those endings should stand on their own.

I didn't mean that it should Supergirl's ending should lead into her appearance on The Flash, story wise. But rather, for the viewer, it's a final hurrah after what I'm sure will be an emotional finale. We get just that little bit more of the Girl of Steel, and not too long after the her show ends. Of course any story threads from Supergirl, as a series, should end on their own show. This is all dependent on her being involved in one of those five episodes, which is not a guarantee. I just personally find it more likely, narratively, than Legends. They've lost all their connections to The Flash after various cast departures, over the years.

However...I do sincerely hope that SOMEWHERE down the line, she's willing to come back to do a proper guest spot on Superman & Lois. With the strong family dynamic on that show, I feel like it could be really fun. Have the boys learn about the OTHER good Kryptonian on Earth. Am I banking on her appearing? No. But I will still hope for it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 112
Votes
Undo
Kdogg87

If Supergirl is part of the planned “events” at the beginning of Flash season eight I don’t want the Supergirl finale to story wise in any lead into it. Kara and everyone else should have endings on Supergirl and those endings should stand on their own.

I feel that most of us would agree with you. The finale of the show should stand alone with no possible intro to any of the other arrowverse shows. The last thing that Melissa needs is that.
We haven't seen the last of this very talented lady and I look forward to her new show.

ps Does anyone know what happened to the necklace that Kara gave to Monty?

July 20,1969 "The Americans Are On The Moon"
Rita Hayworth Higher and Higher you tube
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 113
Votes
Undo
Not really speculation related, but this thread seems to have become our "misc. thread" for general musings.

I thought this was interesting. Laura Vandervoort recently did Michael Rosenbaum's podcast. It was only very brief, but they touched base about Laura's role as Indigo, back in season 1. She wouldn't really get into it, but it sounds like she didn't really have a positive experience. Genuinely makes me curious, because we've generally only heard good things about guests' on set experience. The red flags usually come later when the more extreme segments of the fandom bash certain guest stars.

Anyway, I just found that interesting. I know Erica Durance was also on Rosenbaum's podcast back in December. He asked about her time, and she said that it felt very much like the old Smallville set, only with different cast and crew, and everyone was nice, and in particularly spoke of how nice Melissa was. Her only "negative" was that she felt like, as a non regular, she was intruding in their space.

Genuinely makes me curious about Laura's experience. I mean...season 1 had different crew, different showrunners. And by the nature of her role, the person she interacted most with was the guy who played Non. We never know, but I really hope that whatever caused the experience was left behind when the show changed locations and networks in season 2, and that none of the cast and crew we've come to care about was the cause of such a thing.

I wonder if the issue was Andrew Kreisberg.He was a co-creator and showrunner of the first two seasons of Supergirl and part of season 3 as well as co-creator and showrunner on the early seasons of The Flash(He co-created and produced Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow as well as wrote for all four shows).He was fired for allegations of sexual harassment and physical misconduct.15 women and 4 men accused him.

That's why in Supergirl season 3,the show sort of lost it's way a bit and the back half of the season aired later if you remember.They had to replace him as co-showrunner in the middle of the season.

Here's a article with Melissa about the situation back in 2018.

https://www.cbr.com/supegirl-melissa-benoist-andrew-kreisberg-firing/

Shantel VanSanten who played Patty Spivot in season 2 of The Flash just this past year gave her own accounts of her dealings with Andrew Kreisberg. which led to her Flash role being cut short.She was supposed to be in the whole season but was basically fired by Kreisberg.He was angry she booked another show even though she had arranged and worked out a way to continue on the Flash for the rest of season 2.That's why her exit was so abrupt.Here's a article where she talks about it.

https://tvline.com/2020/10/13/shantel-vansanten-the-flash-season-2-cut-short-patty/

So it wouldn't surprise me if Laura Vandervoort had a poor experience on Supergirl due to Kreisberg.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 114
Votes
Undo

I wonder if the issue was Andrew Kreisberg.He was a co-creator and showrunner of the first two seasons of Supergirl and part of season 3 as well as co-creator and showrunner on the early seasons of The Flash(He co-created and produced Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow as well as wrote for all four shows).He was fired for allegations of sexual harassment and physical misconduct.15 women and 4 men accused him.

That's why in Supergirl season 3,the show sort of lost it's way a bit and the back half of the season aired later if you remember.They had to replace him as co-showrunner in the middle of the season.

Here's a article with Melissa about the situation back in 2018.

https://www.cbr.com/supegirl-melissa-benoist-andrew-kreisberg-firing/

Shantel VanSanten who played Patty Spivot in season 2 of The Flash just this past year gave her own accounts of her dealings with Andrew Kreisberg. which led to her Flash role being cut short.She was supposed to be in the whole season but was basically fired by Kreisberg.He was angry she booked another show even though she had arranged and worked out a way to continue on the Flash for the rest of season 2.That's why her exit was so abrupt.Here's a article where she talks about it.

https://tvline.com/2020/10/13/shantel-vansanten-the-flash-season-2-cut-short-patty/

So it wouldn't surprise me if Laura Vandervoort had a poor experience on Supergirl due to Kreisberg.

You know what, I was thinking that, too.

Man, the Kreisberg thing was a debacle. I'm genuinely glad he got fired, based on the allegations, and the number of people corroborating them. But there is sadly something to be said about how much of a creative force he was on those shows, seeing as it's about around his departure that both Supergirl and The Flash started to lose their way. I truly feel that's when Supergirl started to lose the ability to tell a cohesive, long term narrative.

That obviously doesn't mean he should have kept his job. He was rightfully let go. It's just unfortunate for the shows that he seemed to have been such a guiding force.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 115
Votes
Undo
There was a Supergirl mention in tonight's season 2 finale of Batwoman.Spoilers for Batwoman season 2 finale.

Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
Kate Kane is fully back.Her mind and memories are restored.At the end of the episode she officially anointed Ryan as Batwoman.Kate reveals that she's leaving Gotham.She's going to visit her father in prision(the showrunner has confirmed that Dougray Scott has left the series) and than she is going to visit her friend in National City.Then she is going to search for her cousin,Bruce/Batman
So Kate is going to visit Kara.It would be so awesome if Wallis Day popped in for a guest appearance in the back half of the season.Batwoman finished filming weeks ago.Supergirl remains filming thru mid August(Batwoman returns to start filming season 3 in late July I believe but I don't know how much a role Wallis Day will have if any going forward at least in the immediate on Batwoman) so it may be doable.

At the very least,maybe we'll get a mention that Kate dropped by somewhere in the final 13 episodes of Supergirl.At this point I would take a off-screen meeting between Kara & Kate like Flash's appearance on Black Lightning this season.

With that line included in the end of the Batwoman season 2 finale,it would be a real shame if they don't pay it off with some type of meeting between Kara & Kate before Supergirl ends even if it's only a mention they saw each other but,damn,I would love to see it on-screen and the logistics seem possible for Wallis Day to drop by,I think.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 116
Votes
Undo
Really nice to know that Helen Slater is on her way to Vancouver for the Supergirl Finale (per her Instagram post, https://www.instagram.com/p/CREspaTMcEM/). One of things I wished for from the Series Finale was that Helen would be a part of it and it makes me happy that this will happen :) :) :) .

Now my hope is that there's at least one scene with just Melissa and Helen, perhaps Eliza can impart some motherly wisdom to Kara.

Very happy to hear.She said last summer that she was going to appear in season 6 but I figured it would of been earlier like for the Midvale two parter.Glad she'll be apart of the series finale.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 117
Votes
Undo
I am glad to hear Helen will return. It was very disappointing that Eliza was not part of the Prom episodes... it really made no sense for her not be in them... perhaps scheduling conflicts or Covid restrictions. The same for Alura (Erica Durance) not being part of the Phantom Zone arc... made no sense as she was the character with the most PZ knowledge. I enjoyed the first 7 episodes but Eliza's and Alura's absence seemed like major misteps and took away from them.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 118
Votes
Undo
Something weird I just realized.July 23-25 is Comic Con @ Home.DC is mostly sitting out.They are only doing comic book panels and saving their movie and TV stuff for DC Fandome on 10/16.

However there going to be one lone tv panel for one lone Arrowverse show.Legends Of Tomorrow is going to have a panel on Sunday, July 25 at 12 noon.And I sort of get why there is a panel since Legends is still running it's current season(although I believe they will already be back filming their new season by then or just about to start) and has a new episode that night..So I can see them doing this to promote that night's episode more so than to promote next season(probably save that for DC Fandome).

But my question is if they are doing a panel for Legends than why not one for Superman & Lois which still will have two more episodes to air(and they don't start shooting season 2 until September)?After the next two episodes air this week and next,S & L goes on another two week break before airing it's final two season 1 episodes I belleve.

But even more importantly,if they are doing a random Legends panel in two weeks,wouldn't it have made sense to do a Stargirl season 2 panel and a panel for the final 13 episodes of Supergirl?

Both shows return two to three weeks after Comic Con @ Home and both have something major to promote.In both cases,they have plenty of footage they can show.Season 2 of Stargirl is completely shot and Supergirl is almost finished filming.So both shows would have stuff they can show plus put together a pre-recorded zoom panel if not a live zoom panel.Atleast something with the showrunners if not some cast members.

It just seems a little strange to me that if any Arrowverse shows were going to have a Comic Con @ Home panel it would be Supergirl's final 13 episodes and/or the start of Stargirl Season 2 over a random Legends panel the night episode 11 of 15 airs.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 119
Votes
Undo
Yeah... I saw the Legends had a panel... maybe it's to promote the Beebo Saves Christmas special... ??
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 6
  3. # 120

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!