MEMBERS
  1. evrafter
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl Season 3
  4. Saturday, 14 October 2017
Hey, Kiwi...

I know you are our unofficial episode thread starter. But since there's been discussions scattered throughout the forum already concerning the crossover, are you down with me starting this one?

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Next week's Crisis will have its ratings affected because CBS and Dish Network failed to reach an agreement.

Less than 4% of CBS viewers nationwide are currently blacked out.

Exactly, and I would venture to say that barely a .5% of CW viewers, if that much are blacked out.

my source is the reaper, and he only mentioned CBS as having issues with Dish. He noted that 'you may not think you are paying for broadcast networks, but if you have cable or a satellite subscription then you most certainly are.'

Here are the stations impacted....
- KCBS-TV 2 (CBS) Los Angeles, California - KCAL-TV 9 (independent) Los Angeles, California - KOVR-TV 13 (CBS) Stockton-Sacramento-Modesto, California - KMAX-TV 31 (The CW) Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, California - KPIX-TV 5 (CBS) San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California - KBCW 44 (The CW) San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California - KCNC-TV 4 (CBS) Denver, Colorado - WFOR-TV 4 (CBS) Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - WBFS-TV 33 (My Network TV) Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - WTOG-TV 44 (The CW) St. Petersburg-Tampa, Florida - WUPA-TV 69 (The CW) Atlanta, Georgia - WBBM-TV 2 (CBS) Chicago, Illinois - WJZ-TV 13 (CBS) Baltimore, Maryland - WBZ-TV 4 (CBS) Boston, Massachusetts - WSBK-TV 38 (CBS) Boston, Massachusetts - WWJ-TV 62 (CBS) Detroit, Michigan - WKBD-TV 50 (The CW) Detroit, Michigan - WCCO-TV 4 (CBS) Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, KCCO-TV 7 Alexandria, Minnesota and KCCW-TV 12 Walker, Minnesota - WCBS-TV 2 (CBS) New York, New York - WLNY-TV 55 (independent) Riverhead, New York - KYW-TV 3 (CBS) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - WPSG-TV 57 (The CW) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - KDKA-TV 2 (CBS) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - WPCW-TV 19 (The CW) Jeannette-Pittsburgh-Johnstown-Altoona-State College, Pennsylvania - KTVT 11 (CBS) Ft. Worth-Dallas, Texas - KTXA-TV 21 (independent) Ft. Worth-Dallas, Texas - KSTW-TV 11 (The CW) Tacoma-Seattle-Everett, Washington

This website gives you the top 100 TV markets..... http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 121
Votes
Undo
I swear. Dish seems to have problems with EVERYone when it comes to not coming to an agreement. This is like the 4th channel I've heard of in like a year and a half that got dropped for a week or so due to contract dispute.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 122
Votes
Undo
I swear. Dish seems to have problems with EVERYone when it comes to not coming to an agreement. This is like the 4th channel I've heard of in like a year and a half that got dropped for a week or so due to contract dispute.
Well they are the low man on the totem pole as far as profit so it's harder for them to eat any of a rate increase that the big companies like CBS, NBC put on them and be able to keep their rates lower than providers like DirectTV which are with AT&T so they can eat some of that rate increase from CBS or NBC.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 123
Votes
Undo
Well they are the low man on the totem pole as far as profit so it's harder for them to eat any of a rate increase that the big companies like CBS, NBC put on them and be able to keep their rates lower than providers like DirectTV which are with AT&T so they can eat some of that rate increase from CBS or NBC.

seems both parties have agreed to a deal
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 124
Votes
Undo
I'm liking SuperArrow because I'm really enjoying seeing the mixing of different characters. Again, I'm REALLY wanting an Alex/Overgirl conversation....so Overgirl can see what she missed out on!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 125
Votes
Undo
Overall, I think it was a good start to the crossover. I loved the sister scene on the couch. Wow, I forgot how much I missed those :( . Glad to see them back in some form.

Parts that stood out to me that I enjoyed (besides sister scene):

Opening scene with the three superhero's doing their thing.
Kara singing at the wedding
Supergirl, Flash and Arrow interaction. A lot of good lines thrown out between the three characters.
Action scenes at the church and in the warehouse.
Supergirl - Overgirl fight and interaction
The story between Victor Garber's character and the other half of his superhero persona

I wasn't that keen on the romantic angst in the episodes. It seemed a bit more heavy in the first hour but, still noticeable in the second episode. They definitely need to fill the episodes with something besides just action but, I thought they could have found something else. It made it appear as though all the shows have a fairly shallow pool of plots: superhero fighting villain or romance. My guess is that there won't be nearly as much in tonight's episodes so, I probably will like it even more.

Dialogue was very good in places and a bit cliched in others.

Loved the Supergirl clap!

One of my favorite lines by Alex, talking to Kara: Break-up weight and her resentment of Kara being incapable of putting on weight. Of all Supergirl's powers, I want THAT super power!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 126
Votes
Undo

seems both parties have agreed to a deal

Yeah, I figured with it being smack in the middle of football season, and the college bowl games just around the corner, including the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and other Championship games coming up it would be taken care of. I just wasn't sure if it would be in time for the crossover. But apparently people in California missing the Chargers handing the Cowboys their arse yesterday was enough to tip people over into crazy caller people to Dish...LOL I can assure you, it was DISH that flinched. They had videos up yesterday all over telling people how to watch the football games on the app, on the computer, etc trying to buy time.....it didn't work....lol
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 127
Votes
Undo
Wwooowhooo! Confirmed: Barry asks Kara to sing at the wedding. And, according to the article writer, it's amazing!!

TvGuide Article

So Apple might as well just go ahead and take my money now, no way I’m not buying this.

*hands Brierrose a dollar to help*
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 128
Votes
Undo
I don't usually follow the other superhero shows on the CW. Supergirl is my thing. But, I have to say, that after watching some of the trailers, I am super excited to watch this crossover. I hope it lives up to the hype.

So, I usually watch Supergirl on Amazon since I don't get the CW, which is always a day late. I am wondering if anyone knows if using the CW app allows immediate viewing? Just trying to find a way to actually watch the episodes right away since they're on multiple shows.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 129
Votes
Undo
Wwooowhooo! Confirmed: Barry asks Kara to sing at the wedding. And, according to the article writer, it's amazing!!

TvGuide Article

So Apple might as well just go ahead and take my money now, no way I’m not buying this.

My DVR is already set for all 4 shows to record....and I'll buy the other 3 episodes to go along with Season 3 on Amazon. So I'm good......
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 130
Votes
Undo
Crossover starts tomorrow night! Im just a bit worried and hoping that Mondays episodes dont leave the group in too hopeless of a situation before everything gets resolved on tuesday!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 131
Votes
Undo
So, EX Winn is a good guy not a bad guy. Alrighty

A good guy, but with a bit more moxie. In other words a bada$$ baby face.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 132
Votes
Undo
Next week's Crisis will have its ratings affected because CBS and Dish Network failed to reach an agreement.

Less than 4% of CBS viewers nationwide are currently blacked out.

Exactly, and I would venture to say that barely a .5% of CW viewers, if that much are blacked out.

my source is the reaper, and he only mentioned CBS as having issues with Dish. He noted that 'you may not think you are paying for broadcast networks, but if you have cable or a satellite subscription then you most certainly are.'

Here are the stations impacted....
- KCBS-TV 2 (CBS) Los Angeles, California - KCAL-TV 9 (independent) Los Angeles, California - KOVR-TV 13 (CBS) Stockton-Sacramento-Modesto, California - KMAX-TV 31 (The CW) Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, California - KPIX-TV 5 (CBS) San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California - KBCW 44 (The CW) San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, California - KCNC-TV 4 (CBS) Denver, Colorado - WFOR-TV 4 (CBS) Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - WBFS-TV 33 (My Network TV) Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - WTOG-TV 44 (The CW) St. Petersburg-Tampa, Florida - WUPA-TV 69 (The CW) Atlanta, Georgia - WBBM-TV 2 (CBS) Chicago, Illinois - WJZ-TV 13 (CBS) Baltimore, Maryland - WBZ-TV 4 (CBS) Boston, Massachusetts - WSBK-TV 38 (CBS) Boston, Massachusetts - WWJ-TV 62 (CBS) Detroit, Michigan - WKBD-TV 50 (The CW) Detroit, Michigan - WCCO-TV 4 (CBS) Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, KCCO-TV 7 Alexandria, Minnesota and KCCW-TV 12 Walker, Minnesota - WCBS-TV 2 (CBS) New York, New York - WLNY-TV 55 (independent) Riverhead, New York - KYW-TV 3 (CBS) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - WPSG-TV 57 (The CW) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - KDKA-TV 2 (CBS) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - WPCW-TV 19 (The CW) Jeannette-Pittsburgh-Johnstown-Altoona-State College, Pennsylvania - KTVT 11 (CBS) Ft. Worth-Dallas, Texas - KTXA-TV 21 (independent) Ft. Worth-Dallas, Texas - KSTW-TV 11 (The CW) Tacoma-Seattle-Everett, Washington

This website gives you the top 100 TV markets..... http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

A slight correction; WSBK-TV 38 in Boston is not a CBS affiliate; it's with MyNetworkTV (My TV38) which is not really a network but it's a way for stations to not call themselves independent. Should WBZ-TV 4 have any major breaking news, local or from CBS, CBS programming gets bumped to 38. In NYC, when news breaks on CBS2, unless it's something major, CBS programs are shipped to TV10/55. The "10" refers to the cable spot on most NYC tri-state area cable systems, except mine, which carries the station on 15.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 133
Votes
Undo
Same here! Except that I'm buying the other 3 on Google Play on top of Season 3. :D (purchases can also be watched on Youtube through the same account).

My DVR is already set for all 4 shows to record....and I'll buy the other 3 episodes to go along with Season 3 on Amazon. So I'm good......
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 134
Votes
Undo
Was there any word if an OST will be released after the crossover, just like Duet? OHHHH I cannot wait to hear Melissa's song!

Trailer Theme

TvGuide Article

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 135
Votes
Undo

TvGuide Article

Well the showrunners are looking to given Melissa a second chance at showing off her vocals. Consider what happened in the Flash crossover a slight off-step. Then again as a trapped Kara in the world of Music Meister, I think she had to do it that way.

At something more capable like the West Allen wedding, and since Barry and Kara are best (Super) friends) it seems to make sense.

My only speculation is...what song does she sing? Is it something operatic to show off her soprano chops, or perhaps the song Barry sang to Iris at the end of that show Running Home to You?

Oooo... That would be a good choice, especially with a more orchestral background? I'm even more excited since the article said we won't be expecting how. awesome it really is. Makes me think her singing is actually highlighted for a bit, and not just softly playing in the background.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 136
Votes
Undo
I might very well be more excited for the crossover than Season 3 Ep 1. I mean, at this point in the game, we KNOW Season 3 is turning out possibly the best ever. AND...we even get MelB singing. AND we get 4 hours!

Oh AAANNNDDD....I just bought a new $1500 55" OLED tv. Sooooo....there's that, too.

Congratulations on the new TV.

Thanks, Brier. Decided it's best to spend more to get what I want and keep it awhile than chasing new technology. Almost got the 65". But decided in the end it would probably overwhelm the room. Plus, not sure $800 more was worth a few more inches. But, man oh man the crossover is gonna look BRILLIANT!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 137
Votes
Undo
I'm shutting myself out of social media 8pm EST! Probably hide under a rock for the next few hours, too...

Man the event feels like a big game will go on TV,... :D

Same, Triggy. Same. As soon as Eric hits twitter, I'm shuttin down social media till I'm through the two hours. I'll be an hour behind him and the east coasters.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 138
Votes
Undo
I'm worse off, because even though my time zone is Mountain Time, I get the West Coast feed from KSTW Seattle. So that's 1 more hour of wait.

I'm in Canada - GlobalTV placed Supergirl (staring Season 2) on their co-owned cable channel Showcase, which will show Supergirl at 8pm MST, tonight. CTV Two (national TV) will show Arrow at 9pm MST. Anyone who have not signed up for Showcase will miss out on the Supergirl part of the Crossover.

8 minutes to go for the East Coast! Enjoy!!!!!

Same, Triggy. Same. As soon as Eric hits twitter, I'm shuttin down social media till I'm through the two hours. I'll be an hour behind him and the east coasters.

I’ll be right behind you all waiting for 8 Pacific Time. I am going to stay so far away from Twitter....
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 139
Votes
Undo
The Supergirl vs. Overgirl fight will feel like it's taking place right in the room. You're not going to miss much with that screen :D Congrats!

Oh man, Sully.... Overgirl on my 55" was spectacular. I could see every tiny detail of the fabric. lol No joke.

But my heck, people!!!.... Took me twice as long to watch tonight because I found myself constantly rewinding parts just to rewatch some of their facials (especially Kara and Overgirl, and Alex's... Bah ha ha), rewatch Kara sing (like 5-6 times), and whatnot. So far...lots and lots of awesomeness. 137.734574 times more brilliant and entertaining than last year!!

Overgirl feels COMPLETELY different than Red Kryptonite Kara. MAJOR kudos to Melissa for that. RK Kara, afterall, WAS still Kara with Kara's memories. Overgirl is a completely different person. Well done, MelB. At first, I was worried Overgirl was going to feel a bit... "cheesy." A few lines by Melissa...the part about on HER earth, her pod was lucky enough to crash in the motherland...was delivered in a cheesy sounding cadence in Melissa's delivery (hope that makes sense). But, her interaction in the warehouse between Alex and Kara was much better

I've also been impressed with Stephen Amell's performance as the SS Arrow.

ONLY dissapointment, thus far... wanting a one-on-one with Alex and Overgirl. But, how Melissa delivered "Such, LOYALTY! MY sister tried to KILL me"...was hilarious.

Oh, and Sanver fans needn't worry. Alex and Sarah totally don't gel. In fact, Sarah seems more irritated with Alex, if anything. If Maggie didn't want kids, I REALLY don't see Sarah wanting to play mom.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 140

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!