MEMBERS
  1. evrafter
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Tuesday, 09 July 2019
Saturday, July 20 • 4:15pm - 5:00pm Pacific Time

Updates:

Kevin Smith on the IMDN boat live right now (11:41 am Pacific time) https://www.twitch.tv/imdb

Roundtables appear to be at 9 am Pacific.

Supergirl signing is from 3:00-3:45 pm. Everyone, keep an eye out on all social medias to see if they broadcast it live. Last year, Facebook live streamed the whole event.

Panel is 4:15-5:00 pm. For the past 3 years, fans used Periscope to live stream the entire panel.

Again, on Facebook and Twitter: follow #CWSDCC and #WBSDCC

Entertainment Weekly

Ok, Supergirl.tv peeps! San Diego is about upon on us. For any of y'all new to the site since last Comic Con, this place gets hoppin the weeks leading up to, the day of, and a few weeks after said event. Kelsey and Eric give us awesome inside info and videos as they brave the crowds, participate in the roundtables, and many times get into the panel.

To go with that, we members try and help them out with all things we locate throughout the internet and social media. Feel free to join in on the fun and post. Or, sit back and enjoy the posting mayhem.

Let's kick things off with Supergirl--front and center of TVguide. Thanks, Kiwi, for the heads up on this one!

Enjoy the thread and excitement, Superfriends!
Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Whoa. That is one seriously out of date photo of Alex. Was that from the pilot? :D
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Whoa. That is one seriously out of date photo of Alex. Was that from the pilot? :D

Very likely. Both Melissa's SG pose and others are taken from old pre-S1 and S1 promo photos (likely stock now). Probably costs a lot less than getting actual new shots for the Comic Con TV Guide cover. ;)
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I hope the round tables get away from the standard questions of "how has your character grown?" "What do you want for your character next season?" they always give the same standard answers. I'm hoping for more questions about how the 4th Estate was the real hero in this last season, are they going to stay in that frame of mind and push the reporter side of the series or are we going to see more Supergirl this season? and then I will close my eyes and hope for the answer I want....lol With Katie, I really want to know just how far they are going to take the riff between her and Kara, a few episodes, half the season, full season? Doubtful we will actually get an answer on that one though...lol Also, how much fun is it going to be for Lena's character to take a walk on the darkside for awhile. With David, new suit?

Some other questions like, will we see the dark Brainy again this season? Will we get to see more of the reporter side of Nia this season. What direction are they going to take James in? (he seems to be one character that really didn't have a cliff hanger with his character, except with Lena)

Just some questions, that maybe they will slip and give us some good stuff....

On a side note, looks like Arrow was kind of left behind. Supernatural got a good-bye cover, but no Arrow? Kind of a wow......
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
OMG we love this thread and as always we love the help! We have reached out to some of our supporters (financially) but also want to include your questions if we can! What should we ask the cast? We have a doozy of a story but can’t post it until SDCC! The crazy train as already left the station!
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I think another important question to ask....

With the new hairstyle, it will be hard using the stock flying sequences in Season 5....are they filming new flying sequences?
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I think another important question to ask....

With the new hairstyle, it will be hard using the stock flying sequences in Season 5....are they filming new flying sequences?

Valid point. Supergirl, as a show, has been able to use some stock shots since season 1. Arrow and Flash have had to regularly update due to costume changes. I guess it's finally Supergirl's turn.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
They wont be able to use much of the stock stuff anymore, Melissa just confirmed new suit for Season 5.......pants.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
They wont be able to use much of the stock stuff anymore, Melissa just confirmed new suit for Season 5.......pants.

I remain cautiously optimistic. We'll likely get some sort of reveal at Comic Con, if paparazzi don't get it first. I'll be sad to see the skirt go, because it's the iconic suit. But a suit with pants can be good, if they do it right.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
are the questions pre submitted and are you prevented from asking certain ones / certain topics? (I was always curious and the cast at times seemed really rehearsed in some of their responses)
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
are the questions pre submitted and are you prevented from asking certain ones / certain topics? (I was always curious and the cast at times seemed really rehearsed in some of their responses)

We aren't restricted but there is an expectation of professionalism. If you go off the rails, you can loose privileges next year.
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
How to watch EW's live coverage. Supergirl's coverage, of course, will be Saturday....

EW Live
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Isn't Chyler going to SDCC?
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo

I would think so. If you're concerned because she wasn't in the video of "What do you like best about SDCC?"...i suspect they simply took video of those on set, at the time. I couldn't foresee them taking Azie and not Chyler and Mehcad. Also, in the past, when Chyler couldn't go, she posted an apology video beforehand.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo

I would think so. If you're concerned because she wasn't in the video of "What do you like best about SDCC?"...i suspect they simply took video of those on set, at the time. I couldn't foresee them taking Azie and not Chyler and Mehcad. Also, in the past, when Chyler couldn't go, she posted an apology video beforehand.

Okay, thank you.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo

Everyone in this picture, and including Mehcad (he was still moving back to Vancouver) and Jessica Queller (she missed the dinner) will be there....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzN7-QFArtJ/?utm_source=ig_embed
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
Some good stuff here about the theme of the season and Lena’s reaction to finding out Kara is Supergirl.

Admin the question I gave you to ask is very appropriate to the theme.

‘For good and ill with social media fans have unpresedentd access to each other, news about the show, and you personally. How has your experience being on the show influenced your views and use of social media.’
References
  1. https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/17/supergirl-season-5-melissa-benoist-lena-kara-crisis-leviathan/
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
Some good stuff here about the theme of the season and Lena’s reaction to finding out Kara is Supergirl.

In the words of Matthew Mcconaughey ... "Alright alright alright!" So excited for this season! Sounds like it's going to be based in something we ALL can get on board with without too much political division concerns. I'm excited, too, for the Kara/Lena rift--something many of us Supergirl.tv OG's have been chatting about ever since Katie/Lena came to town--the big beautiful grey area inside Lena Luthor.

Ah man... I think it's gonna be a fantastic season--Mel directing, a potentially GREAT theme, the 100th epi, Melissa finally feeling she truly connects with Kara/Supergirl, Melissa feeling warmer in the winter months (lol), and.... Crisis (fingers crossed they do it well).

Great read, Brier!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
From the article Brierrose shared:
Even though we have this dark and insidious force looming over the season, the showrunners believe this season is much more focused on the characters’ relationships than season 4. Says Rovner, “Last season was really about us dealing with big ideas, and this [season] is about us dealing with people and so it’s a much more personal season.”

This may be the most promising thing I have heard about the show in a while. So much so that I almost feel I must be misinterpreting it. :D
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
As long as there is lots of action, lots of Supergirl saving, not getting saved....and as long as the story lines center around her.....I'm good!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
For content from last night"a WB party, and you have Twitter, check out @ambalagia.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!