MEMBERS
  1. evrafter
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl Season 3
  4. Thursday, 06 July 2017
Just talked with Kiwi. We're totally down with teaming up to help keep all y'all up to date with all things Comic Con again this summer as we did last. We'll be scouring the Internet, youtube, and social media to find SDCC links, articles, videos, pictures and up-to-date news of our favorite Scooby Crew Superfriends.

If y'all come across something of interest, feel free to join in on the fun and post here.

P. S.... If any of y'all have Periscope, follow David Harewood as he's been known to broadcast them all live during Comic Con while at interviews, group photoshoots, meet-n-greets, and even before/during their panel.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I hadn't added this Comic Con interview. So, in case you missed it...

I have to say, this interview kind of annoyed me.....I wanted Mehcad to shut up....lol
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I hadn't added this Comic Con interview. So, in case you missed it...

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Was anyone else a bit off-put by the "Daxam is the place to be" bit? That was......in very, very poor taste.

Nope...I thought it was just a fun, silly song and loved watching the sing and laugh. They are a fun crowd and enjoyed their interviews at Comic Con this year....

It looked like a group of people enjoying each other and having a fun day together
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I did spent a lot of time smiling (and laughing) at my computer saturday. It was a really fun and hilarious day for me. Thank you all for your commitment (and links :p) and thanks to the "insanely entertaining" cast of Supergirl.
I would spend all of my days on set watching the show being made
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Was anyone else a bit off-put by the "Daxam is the place to be" bit? That was......in very, very poor taste.

Not in the least. Just a group of people kidding around,
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo

Nope...I thought it was just a fun, silly song and loved watching the sing and laugh. They are a fun crowd and enjoyed their interviews at Comic Con this year....
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Aaaannnddd.... Then there's me. I took it simply as, Daxam is known as the "party planet." Was described that way many times in the season.

So, the "Daxam Theme" was just a play on that.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo

Up on examination, no.

Disclaimer: I am not talking from the POV of a black person, of slavery, and of Chris being a white man. I have no context being non-American.

Alright, read on.

See the thing is, I have always felt that the way they portrayed Daxam in Season 2 is extremely reductive. It reminds me of the British Empire and how in the 17th and 18th century Britain, the company portrayed India to fellow Brits. Any vice--and like any nation or community, India had its inequities--were played up and any good things--like the economy, the subsistence culture of the people, the friendships and esoterism were played down or ignored; and anything they didn't understand, they considered bad irrespective of the value it held to local people and local character (an example, same sex relations were neither a sin nor criminal in India until Her Majesty's government criminalised it. And, now, we follow that 19th century rule). They portrayed Indians as degenerate, children, in need of help; people who are incapable of managing their destiny.

And then they said, very kindly, that first the company and then, the British Government would be the folks who lift Indians up. (I think the same was used in Africa and other places too. And these days I hear a lot of Brits starting to say Empire was good. So, I am explaining.)

Does that sound familiar to you? Because it is exactly how Kara sees Daxam. It's exactly how Daxam is portrayed in S2. I found it reductive and poor writing earlier (no culture is that homogeneously bad; even Ancient Rome allowed slaves to become their kings). And.. that Mon El was allowed to be a part of the group only when he left Daxamite culture; even this thought that hey, he is not like other Daxamites, smacks of this thinking I have heard about in Early 20th century Germany. Not all Jews, you know (how, the exception just fueled antisemitism). There is a very good article on the use of Rebecca the Jew in Ivanhoe that talks about this point (and I couldn't find the link to it; sorry).

However, if you consider it from the POV of an enemy culture portraying something they hated as something unworthy, then, it makes sense. (Though, the creative choice to reduce a planet to only a slave owning nation still doesn't.)

And then, Mon El's attitude feels a lot like internalised racism.

In light of that, them acknowledging that Daxam is something to sing about is not wrong.

I don't like Kara-Mon El relationship: a. because it takes too much screen time and I would have liked them to explore the sisters relationship first, b. because I don't think it fulfilled the purpose it purported to do earlier, which is make Kara grow by addressing her racism, and c. because there is a clear power imbalance in favour of Kara; Kara comes across too often as a mentor. And Mon El goes along with her most of the time; and at other times, is too immature or too inexperienced.

But, I don't think everything attached to Mon El or Daxam is wrong. However, I can understand how it can be so for others. And, I sympathise with them. People, after all, read things as per their experience.

Sorry for kind of having this discussion here. But the question was about SDCC. So, I thought I can answer it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
You know this is a much more fun thread
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
In the interview with Chris w/ Supergirltv, there's a part you can clearly hear Mel laugh somewhere in the room. Seriously one of the best laughed n this planet. lol
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
LATimes Interview:

Ah ha ha ha ha ha
Interviewer, when referencing Reign World Killer: What's up with these names? Why not a Janet?

*cast Jokes about "Janet"*

Then, Mel: It's OVER...Janet.

And then the singing part...MADNESS...and Melissa's laugh...ha ha ha...I swear it's the cure for cancer!!!!!!! :D :D :D
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Just watched Chris's interview with Kelsey and Eric. Found it telling that when referencing the relationship between Mon-El and Kara he says, "It's not toxic. It's not unhealthy." Goes to show, they have been inundated with attacks or are very aware of the conversations among fans.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
I missed this one yesterday. So if DraftingDrafter, Rschick, or any of our other awesome peeps already posted, please forgive. But too juicy to take a chance not getting shared. LOVE Katie/Lena's role evolving...

And... I love the way she says Chyler. lol So cool
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
Interview with Dug The Pug:

Welp, that answer the question about Krypto the super dog.

So, Reign likes that Despacito song that will become the hit of the summer, eh and she's a Belieber?! Odette...YOU ARE NOW A PART OF THE TEAM AS FAR AS BEING CRAZY GOES!

By the way, Doug, thanks for the questions and letting Melissa hold you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
And these are from Fanboy Nation..

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
Here comes Eric and Kelsey's interviews. I'm sure they're gonna pop up any minute on the Newspage. But until then, here's the first one they've uploaded to their YouTube page....

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
This just cracked me up. The cast really does just have a lot of fun...

1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
evrafter, DraftingDrafter, Rschick, another awesome effort by yourselves today in posting videos and photos, it's going to take me all week to get through most of it but it's nice to have it easily accessible in 1 place. Sincerely appreciated and a big thank-you :) :) :) :) :) .

*high fives all around*
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
Thank you folks for posting so much of the stuff.:)

I am kind of sad to hear nothing much about Alex or about the Danvers family; no questions on Jeremiah and Cadmus either.

And trailer had Alex and Maggie; so will that be all the focus on Alex, this year too?

I believe the lack of questions about Alex had a lot to do with Chyler's understandable absence. Due to time constraints actors are only asked about their character.

Also at this point they have probably finished filming the first episode and are mostly done with the second. While scripts for more episodes are undoubtedly written we have no idea how far in advance the cast gets them. They may not know anything beyond say episode four. It's also possible they are not allowed to say. Chyler knew Alex's storyline at SDCC last year but she wasn't allowed to say. My point is don't take it as Alex will be sidelined.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 3
  3. # 20

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!