MEMBERS
  1. evrafter
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Thursday, 24 May 2018
Update: How about we put all things related to Melissa's run on Broadway in Beautiful in this thread--videos, articles, personal experiences if you get to go, etc etc.

So begins Melissa's run on Broadway. Up up and away....

Stars In the Alley Announcement
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Melissa Talks To Google: Beautiful on Broadway. 49 minute interview

Votes
Undo
Before it gets yanked off youtube, here's Melissa singing "So Far Away," along with some of her Brooklyn accent. No video.... just audio.

Thanks for sharing! These further whet my appetite for seeing her in person on August 4. I'll be at her last performance. I'm hoping she will do the Stage Door that night, but either way it will be a fabulous time I am sure.
Votes
Undo
Before it gets yanked off youtube, here's Melissa singing "So Far Away," along with some of her Brooklyn accent. No video.... just audio.

Thanks for sharing! These further whet my appetite for seeing her in person on August 4. I'll be at her last performance. I'm hoping she will do the Stage Door that night, but either way it will be a fabulous time I am sure.

Oh man, Superbill! Just so excited for you. Jealous. But excited.
Votes
Undo
Superbill, be prepared to be blown away! Melissa live is beyond anything you see and hear on tape. Enjoy yourself!

Argo
A journey of 1,000 KM, begins with one step.
Votes
Undo
Superbill, be prepared to be blown away! Melissa live is beyond anything you see and hear on tape. Enjoy yourself!

Argo

Thanks, Argo. I'm sure she will!
Votes
Undo
Carole King herself was at tonight's (July 27) performance of Beautiful.

Yay!! Thanks for this, Kiwi. Just got out of Mission Impossible, saw Carole King was there, and was hoping to find some video so I could see Melissa's reaction.
Votes
Undo
Here's an even better video if Carole surprising Melissa because it starts from when the cast is finishing the last number and Carole walks on when Melissa is turned the other direction. At one point, you see Mel say, "Mom!!" who was in the front row.

Votes
Undo
Awwwa, that’s like double cherry’s on a sunday. No doubt Melissa’s Mom got to go backstage and meet Carole too. To have her mom there to interact with one of both of thier mutual idols is really special.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
Votes
Undo
Last night!!! Superbill, have a blast. Go to the side door and see if you get a chance to meet her!

Also, was just watching Beautiful's Instagram video of Carole King surprising Mel. And I realizing from THAT video, Melissa was saying, "MoM??" with a question mark, and then turns to Carole and said something like, "You knew my mom was here?" and Carole shakes her head yes. So, it appears Mel's mom being there was a secret, too.
Votes
Undo
Now that Melissa's run on Broadway has come to an end, I figured this thread would come to a close. But, I found these new uploads of Melissa as a Sophomore in college singing. Thought I'd share. Really highlights how amazing her voice was even then. Being this video was upload in 2009, but is just now starting to pop up under a Melissa Benoist search, I suspect the video might have been recently renamed, and perhaps more of these may start to pop up now that her name is now respected as a Broadway star.

Votes
Undo
Here's an even better video if Carole surprising Melissa because it starts from when the cast is finishing the last number and Carole walks on when Melissa is turned the other direction. At one point, you see Mel say, "Mom!!" who was in the front row.

I liked what Carole King said about Melissa's tapping.. And she seems to be a great personality. :)

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!