MEMBERS
  1. niceguy34
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Sunday, 19 November 2017
Should they reboot it from ground. If they decide not to do an Bat Girl movie after this. Do you think cw should go to WB and show them how to make an share unvirse actually work.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Since Justice League bombed, make Supergirl and the Arrowverse heroes into the Justice League!!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Stop giving bad directors jobs...

More Jenkins would be a start...
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
"I liked the movie and because I don't pay attention to what critic's have to say or what rotten tamote's have to say."

I did, too! And so did other audience members - it received a B+ rating from viewers at cinemascore. com and an 85% positive score from the audience who voted at Rotten Tomatoes.

I pay attention to what the audience says, not the critics (who often seem to me to just be nit-pickers).
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Sorry to reply twice in a row, but there is another issue that Warner hasn't even considered. This is literally the only movie in the DCEU that wasn't released in the Spring / Summer.

While Justice League already had an uphill battle due to BvS backlash, releasing it in November was never the best of ideas. October / November are typically extremely poor months for movies.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
that is getting right to point. That also they should have done an squel to Man of steel and called it Super Man. then done Ben Affleck Batman movie, then Wonder woman, Flash, cyborg,aquman and then finally done Justice league movie. I liked the movie and because I don't pay attention to what critic's have to say or what rotten tamote's have to say.

I just wish that WB had taken there time to build up to Justice league movie. In one of the interview's Henry Cavill actually said that he want to see his cousin Kara Zor El to show up. There was actually script writen for Super Man 3 that did involve Him & Kara going up against Brianic which involved time travel where Briniaic went back in time to prevent Kal El from being Super Man and Kara had to stop him.

They could have MAYBE used a Man of Steel sequel before Justice League. But I honestly think Batman V Superman was the right way to go, it's just the movie itself wasn't handled well. We've received so many Batman and Superman movies, that those 2 character don't need introductions, anymore.

Warner tried going the "let's do individual movies and build to a larger universe" approach. They tried doing this with Superman Returns and Green Lantern. Both supremely underperformed.

So, this time around, they decided that, instead of giving new characters a solo film, right off the bat, that they could introduce them through other films.

Introducing Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman was a great idea, and one of the few things about that film that worked really well.

Aquaman and Flash wouldn't been hard sells, before Justice League. But now, after seeing them in action, people are now more interested in their individual movies.

I think the plan they mapped out was solid. It was the handling of the individual films that failed. If they had made Superman more hopeful instead of such a sad sack in Batman V Superman, and cut out ALL of the dream sequences, that film would have been taken a lot better.

I honestly think the sour taste that Batman V Superman left in peoples mouths accounts for a good amount of Justice League's underwhelming box office performance.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
that is getting right to point. That also they should have done an squel to Man of steel and called it Super Man. then done Ben Affleck Batman movie, then Wonder woman, Flash, cyborg,aquman and then finally done Justice league movie. I liked the movie and because I don't pay attention to what critic's have to say or what rotten tamote's have to say.

I just wish that WB had taken there time to build up to Justice league movie. In one of the interview's Henry Cavill actually said that he want to see his cousin Kara Zor El to show up. There was actually script writen for Super Man 3 that did involve Him & Kara going up against Brianic which involved time travel where Briniaic went back in time to prevent Kal El from being Super Man and Kara had to stop him.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I think outlets are blowing it out of proportion. It may not have opened as big as they wanted, but it will still be a commercial success. On top of that, there is nothing threatening opening for several weeks. Almost a month, in fact. The next big opening is Star Wars.

That being said, Warner has 2 choices. 1) Keep following through, but learn to be more conservative with their spending and hire new directors (which shouldn't be an issue, since Snyder is done). Spending such an absurd amount on re-shoots and the CGI mustache removal for Cavill was not smart.

Or 2) Call it all a mistake and reboot everything (again).

At this point, I think #1 is the only viable option. I'm eager to see other directors tackle the DC films. We already know it can be a success, thanks to Patti Jenkins' on Wonder Woman.

Stumbles aside, EVERY movie since Man of Steel has been commercially successful, despite critical reviews. And they've already got the introduction of several main characters established, which has AWLAYS been DC's issue, getting past Batman and Superman.

The Aquaman film is already in post-production, and Shazam starts production in January. And due to it's both critical and commercial success, we all know a Wonder Woman sequel will happen.

I honestly think the biggest problem with DC's films is they severely cut down their theatrical cuts, and it hurts the overall product. While it still had issues, the extended cut of BvS was far better in terms of pacing and flow than the theatrical cut. And I hear they cut a LOT out of Justice League, under the orders of the studio. Justice League was their epic coming-together film. They shouldn't have worried if it had a 2.5 hour run time.

Bottom line, DC films is still one of their biggest earners, and they aren't going to stop making them. They just might think more short sited, instead of trying to plan too many films in advance.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!