MEMBERS
  1. Fedguy
  2. Love Fool Sherlock Holmes The Voice
  3. Off Topic
  4. Thursday, 27 December 2018
It's almost new year and since I'm in a different time zone, I probably can't post on the right time for the majority of members here, so I'll wish all a pre-happy new year here.

Personally for me 2018 has been great and a real turn-around in life. I only hope it has also been joyful and productive for all here. Anyone care to share what made this year great?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Happy early New Year to you, too, Fedguy! And to everyone else!

I really can't say that 2018 was an outstanding year for me. But, personally, there was nothing out of the norm so, I guess I can consider that a plus. I'm happy for everything that I have been given and that for the most part, I have stability in my life, which doesn't exist for some.

Looking forward to hitting the half century mark in 2019! :D
We're in the same club ;) . Almost seems like a surreal prospect when I think about it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Glad to hear from all you guys.

From 2016 to 2017 I've been doing disastrously at my engineering degree, and practically had no friends. In 2018 I found a new direction and now I'm studying biomedical science, I love it, grades are spectacular and found some new friends who I'm growing close to. Hoping next year keeps up the good streak.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
For starters, I was fortunate that 2018 was not marred by any major catastrophes! I seem to have put some health problems behind me and am regrouping nicely. My puny Saturn is still hanging on. I reconnected with some old friends from high school.

Any quibbles I have with 2018 are just that, and for the first time in a while, I'll be sad to see the old year go.

Looking forward to hitting the half century mark in 2019! :D
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
2019 holds great promise, for me, if I can get the funding sorted and go to Vancouver Film School this coming Fall. This year may mark a change in location, career, and in my entire lifestyle...I'm really scared, but really excited.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
We're hoping everyone in our community has a great 2019! While personally, 2018 was my favorite year, professionally, we launched the fourth version of Supergirl.tv, created Batwoman.tv and now have TheWitcher.tv, Stargirl.tv and YoungJustice.tv! It was a big year in that regard for sure!
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Happy pre New Year, Fedguy! If I'm not mistaken, 2019 will hit you first then Kiwi? Oh wait... Other way around. bah ha ha ba thanks for the reminder, Kiwi.

2018 was simply a solid year. Still breathing, still have my arms and legs, sight, taste, thinking capabilities......
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Well, 2019 could start off badly for Supergirl fans who have Spectrum cable in NYC after the ball drops. It seems that Tribune Broadcasting, current owners of WPIX Channel 11 have reached an impasse with Spectrum (run by Charter Communications) in carrying that station as well in L-A, home to KTLA

In fact, a link on PIX's webpage has this...

Basically, it's over carriage. And it's nothing new in this world.

PIX11 and Spectrum must renew the contract that allows the cable company to send our programming to you. PIX11 has presented our proposal for fair value compensation, based on the value our programming brings you here in New York. If PIX11 and Spectrum cannot agree on a new contract before January 1, 2019, subscribers like you will lose the programming PIX11 provides.

By the way, Tribune is looking to sell its stations to Nexstar Broadcasting (which here in my state also owns ABC station WTNH channel 8 and WCTX 59).
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Off Topic
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!