MEMBERS
  1. RobertAnthony
  2. Motivator Love Fool Sherlock Holmes
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Friday, 15 February 2019
This weekend in NYC is the annual Toy Fair where the bigwigs in toys and play products peddle their wares. And this year has been quite interesting, with Mattel saying goodbye to most of their rights to DC by next year.

Among the names DC is going to are Spin Master and McFarlane. But, Mattel will still be a license holder of DC Comics' preschool and girls' toys, which includes the "Super Hero Girls" line, which has undergone a massive reboot, including a certain character we all know about.

That leads me to Toy Fair 2019. What is unique about this event is that it's not open to the public; only the media and those in the toy and comic book industries can attend. Like most things these days, the fair can be followed on social media.

On a blog called Idle Hands are some pictures of the new DCSHG line, set to be released this fall. A new series will premiere on Cartoon Network in March with MadTV's Nicole Sullivan as the newest voice of Kara.

This picture has the action doll itself for about $9.99

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lQWctcD6oV4/XGbr770FXOI/AAAAAAABSFQ/Kxmmc1JkJc0A9xZee2M8Iu_oI7jyRZdAACLcBGAs/s1600/Toy%2BFair%2B2019%2BMattel%2BDC%2BSuper%2BHero%2BGirls%2BSuperhero%2BAction%2BDoll%2BAssortment%2BSupergirl.jpg

And here is the DCSHG Teen Life to Super Hero Action Doll for about $19.99. It comes with two outfits, including a Kara one, where you can turn her into Supergirl

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0-CdHAgfb0k/XGbr8EMZdwI/AAAAAAABSFc/Q6UsVzw1RDsYmpbPYNKspoka_SD0HdXFACEwYBhgL/s1600/Toy%2BFair%2B2019%2BMattel%2BDC%2BSuper%2BHero%2BGirls%2BTeen%2BLife%2Bto%2BSuperhero%2BAction%2BDoll%2BSupergirl.jpg

And yes for Stewart, she comes with a guitar...although it's more of a punk rock kind.

If anything else SG related, TV show or otherwise, should come up at ToyFair '19, I'll try to let you know about it.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The action doll looks great. Wouldn't mind nabbing one if/when it becomes available for International customers (if it isn't widely available at comic shops or select toy stores). I'm not totally crazy about the DCSHG (the second one) representation, but to each their own. :)
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The action doll looks great. Wouldn't mind nabbing one if/when it becomes available for International customers (if it isn't widely available at comic shops or select toy stores). I'm not totally crazy about the DCSHG (the second one) representation, but to each their own. :)

Well Rom, neither am I. The reboot loses the charm of the first series, like most reboots these days.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!