MEMBERS
  1. Romulus
  2. Motivator Love Fool Vanity Monster
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Friday, 14 July 2017
Hi,

Since Volume 3 had hit the 1,000 post mark, I though (or Kiwi thought - thanks!) that starting afresh with a new folder might keep things more manageable.

So, without further ado, here is Volume 4 (or Volume IV) for your perusal, contributions and comments. Please note, the same shtick applies to this as the previous 3 - all positive pictures, fan art and comments are most welcome (...but no gratuitous profane language or risqué / off colour / off topic postings, please).

Enjoy!
Attachments (17)
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
BTS from "Both Sides Now."

Enjoy! :o ;)

Attachments (1)
"Outdated And Antiquated" - Ron Sexsmith, from the CD/LP/Download The Vivian Line. (2023)
Votes
Undo
Pretty Amazing Artwork from Stanley Lau. Alternative cover to Supergirl # 18.

Yes, a very nice cover. This is really up RobertAnthony's alley. He'll love this for sure!

Personally, I'm more of an '80s SG suit kinda guy (like the one from the '84 film) but the current TV version is right up there with it. ;)
Votes
Undo
I found some of J'onn's stash!...

Enjoy! :D

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Pretty Amazing Artwork from Stanley Lau. Alternative cover to Supergirl # 18.

Yes, a very nice cover. This is really up RobertAnthony's alley. He'll love this for sure!

Personally, I'm more of an '80s SG suit kinda guy (like the one from the '84 film) but the current TV version is right up there with it. ;)

You'd better believe it. But I like the skirt outfit from the film and of course what's on TV just as well. By the way...the outfit on the cover...dating back to 1972...would last until about 1983 or so. Supergirl would visit the Danvers in L-A and through super crafting, turn that outfit into the skirt...shoulder pads and all...the infamous headband would come later.

The blouse hot pants combo would as we know feature at first slippers to accentuate Kara's legs. Then by 1975, they went to the boots. I wish that outfit was given the live action treatment...it would be a riot! I have from Figures Toy Company their Mego-like Supergirl doll with that outfit.

As for that comic...I am out of luck...my nearby comics shop A Timeless Journey in Stamford CT...went out of business at the end of January. The closest to me is either in Norwalk, or Harrison, NY...about 20 minutes drive either way. And forget about online...mom and I have the SAME credit card account number. I wish for my birthday coming up next week I would have my own credit card.
Votes
Undo
RobertAnthony wrote:

"I wish for my birthday coming up next week I would have my own credit card. "

Ask your local bank about reloadable pre-paid credit cards. Although many banks don't openly advertise them because they don't accrue interest on unpaid balances, most banks offer them. They're also known as travel credit cards. MC and Visa both do 'em. And, there is no credit check.

The good thing about reloadable pre-pay credit cards is that you set the spending limit and if you exceed it with a/any transaction, the transaction is declined. So, say you put $50 on the card, you can't spend more than that until you reload it. It's a good way to have online purchase access and a spending limit rolled into one.

Look into it. It's a smarter way to use credit than the traditional cards.

*** Edit: Robert, I've included a link below for you to understand pre-paid cards. Please note: It isn't an endorsement of any particular card, but just a quick 411 rundown of what they are and what they do.
References
  1. http://www.yourbadcreditcard.net/capital-one-prepaid-mastercard/
Votes
Undo
Someone's nice 3-pack of Funko POP! figures.

Cheers! :)

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Someone's MOC (fan-made) versions of Supergirl and Reign using POP! figures.

Enjoy! :o

Edit: I believe the actual figures themselves (the bodies and the standing bases) are from the Funko Rock Candy line but the heads are definitely POP!
Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Chyler in snazzy duds.

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
RobertAnthony wrote:

"I wish for my birthday coming up next week I would have my own credit card. "

Ask your local bank about reloadable pre-paid credit cards. Although many banks don't openly advertise them because they don't accrue interest on unpaid balances, most banks offer them. They're also known as travel credit cards. MC and Visa both do 'em. And, there is no credit check.

The good thing about reloadable pre-pay credit cards is that you set the spending limit and if you exceed it with a/any transaction, the transaction is declined. So, say you put $50 on the card, you can't spend more than that until you reload it. It's a good way to have online purchase access and a spending limit rolled into one.

Look into it. It's a smarter way to use credit than the traditional cards.

*** Edit: Robert, I've included a link below for you to understand pre-paid cards. Please note: It isn't an endorsement of any particular card, but just a quick 411 rundown of what they are and what they do.

Rom, I'll see what I can do about that. Most of my banking is through a credit union.
Votes
Undo
Cool Chyler!
Attachments (1)
A journey of 1,000 KM, begins with one step.
Votes
Undo
Smiley McSmiley!

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
An older (younger) shot of Melissa but a very nice one nonetheless.

Cheers! ;)

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Uh oh! It looks like very young Alex is up for a play pen break-out again.

Note: It's a comickergirl repost, I know, but with a lengthy hiatus the mind tends to wander a bit.

Attachments (1)
References
  1. http://comickergirl.tumblr.com/
Votes
Undo
SG BTS.

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
MB hitting the slopes.

Enjoy! :)

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
A little bit of a throwback - Comickergirl doodles on a variant/blank DC Adventures of Supergirl cover.

Enjoy! ;)
Attachments (2)
References
  1. http://comickergirl.tumblr.com/
Votes
Undo
Perhaps a touch nippy in YVR today!...

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Melissa on holiday a little while ago. Snapshot taken by Chris Wood, I presume.

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Here's a cute one.

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
A repost, I know, but I couldn't resist the lovely smile.

Attachments (1)

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!