MEMBERS
  1. DraftingDrafter
  2. Motivator The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Monday, 14 August 2017
For those of you interested, there is a new 'contest' courtesy of EOnline to vote for our favorite TV actress.

Melissa, Katie and Chyler are all in the running. So if these kinds of contests are your thing or you just wanna show some support, drop some votes in for our ladies of Supergirl. This first round lasts until 5pm PST Wednesday and you can vote as much as you like.
"Be wise, be strong and always be true to yourself." - Alura Zor-El to Kara Zor-El
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I think it has also go to do with audience pool. Some of these other shows reached more people. Even Katie had a fan following before Supergirl. (I think Melissa is a much better actress though some of those others are probably as good; but I don't think the vote is about that.)

And then, Melissa is probably suffering from a backlash (undeserved or not) owing to SDCC. Hero worship is very fickle. You dislike someone (a stranger who was an idol) with the same intensity you liked them; and for seemingly not always well-thought out reasons. Given time and lack of attention, the dislike will probably peter out.

I don't think this vote shows either her worth/ability (or the worth/ability of all the other actors) or the strength of the fans who love her. You guys shouldn't take it to heart.

It's just fun.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I voted for Melissa before realising that there were also other actors I liked there such as Melanie Scrofano (Wynonna Earp, I stopped watching, too gory; but I really loved the sisters and the lead), Stana Catic (Castle), Amy Acker (Person of Interest) and so on.

Ah well, the others were getting more votes anyways.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Kiwi: ditto!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Well, this is only the first round. It'll be cut from 64 to 32 actresses for round 2. So Melissa still has a chance at making it through even though she's pulling in less votes.
"Be wise, be strong and always be true to yourself." - Alura Zor-El to Kara Zor-El
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I think it has also go to do with audience pool. Some of these other shows reached more people. Even Katie had a fan following before Supergirl. (I think Melissa is a much better actress though some of those others are probably as good; but I don't think the vote is about that.)

And then, Melissa is probably suffering from a backlash (undeserved or not) owing to SDCC. Hero worship is very fickle. You dislike someone (a stranger who was an idol) with the same intensity you liked them; and for seemingly not always well-thought out reasons. Given time and lack of attention, the dislike will probably peter out.

I don't think this vote shows either her worth/ability (or the worth/ability of all the other actors) or the strength of the fans who love her. You guys shouldn't take it to heart.

It's just fun.

Couldn't agree more with you SSAV.

This is just a fun 'popularity' contest so to speak, nothing more nothing less. That being said, the next round (which will be tournament style) opens up this Friday (the 18th).
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Ok ladies and gents, Round 2 is up!

This is tournament style now. All of our Supergirl ladies made it through, but now they each go head-to-head with another actress. We have:

Melissa VS Alycia Debnam-Carey (Fear the Walking Dead/The100)
Chyler VS Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones)
Katie VS Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow)

Chyler and Katie are doing well against their 'opponents', but Melissa is struggling with less than 35% of the vote right now. Sadly I don't have much faith she'll get through this round (mainly because Alycia has a HUGE fan following) but it'd be great if we could bridge the gap a bit by getting her more votes.

Voting ends this Sunday (20th) at 5pm PST, and remember we can vote as much as we like.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!