MEMBERS
  1. comic fan
  2. Sherlock Holmes The Voice Notable Answerer
  3. Supergirl Season 2
  4. Thursday, 14 May 2020
The CW announced they will launch their new season in January 2021.The Fall will be made up of newly acquired programming delayed scripted series reality programs and the final episodes of Supernatural.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/14/the-cw-fall-lineup-2020-schedule-delayed-superman-and-lois/

The Arrowverse returns in January 2021.

Black Lightning,Batwoman and The Flash will return in January.Superman & Lois will also launch in January.

MONDAY
8 pm All American
9 pm Black Lightning

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm SUPERMAN & LOIS

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale
9 pm Nancy Drew

THURSDAY
8 pm WALKER
9 pm Legacies

FRIDAY
8 pm Penn & Teller: Fool Us (new night)
9 pm Whose Line Is it Anyway? (new time slot)

SUNDAY
8 pm Batwoman
9 pm Charmed (new time slot)

Supergirl and DC Legends of Tomorrow will return mid season meaning late Spring/early summer 2021.

They are planning a small crossover event in Spring 2021.Either first or second quarter 2021.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/14/arrowverse-crossover-superman-batwoman-2021/

It will only be a smaller more intimate two hour crossover vs the normal mega crossover events in December.

It will be a Superman & Lois/Batwoman crossvover but will feature characters from other Arrowverse shows.I will bet Supergirl will be involved.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Sounds like a good plan.

They will have ample time to construct a bang-up concept for season six.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Looks like Tuesday will for sure be the night for some Super fun. S&L (the short way of saying Superman & Lois) will have The Flash as a lead in...and still a pretty strong one at that.

Would like to thank the admin for keeping us up to date on Supergirl things, as without her, all the other sites wouldn't happen.

I understand the reason for the delay on SG, but well not a lot of people are watching TV in a typical summer...but believe me this year is anything but typical.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Would like to thank the admin for keeping us up to date on Supergirl things, as without her, all the other sites wouldn't happen.
Hear hear!

I understand the reason for the delay on SG, but well not a lot of people are watching TV in a typical summer...but believe me this year is anything but typical.
Expectations for lower broadcast ratings are likely baked into the decision. Realisticly, all the shows are probably going to take a hit. Another reason to be happy for streaming deals. :)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hear hear!

Expectations for lower broadcast ratings are likely baked into the decision. Realisticly, all the shows are probably going to take a hit. Another reason to be happy for streaming deals. :)

Well, for on demand like my cable service, Altice...they got rid of The CW. Of course there is the CW website.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Well, for on demand like my cable service, Altice...they got rid of The CW. Of course there is the CW website.

That sucks. :(

I was referring to the deals with services like Netflix, which provide a big chunk of revenue for the CW.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Well this is a shocker Ruby Rose is not returning as Batwoman, the role will be recast. I wonder if TPTB knew this last week. Will CW alter their planned schedule because of this. I realize the network would like to start filming their "fall" shows ASAP but I'm not sure how much casting is being done right now considering LA will have stricter than the rest of California orders at least through August, I suppose they could go with someone who auditioned before. Given that Batwoman might now not be ready to go as previously planned I wonder if this will alter the network's plan. They could move say LoT up and put Batwoman and Supergirl together "midseason" which would allow the crossover to be Supergirl/Batwoman. Of course I would love Supergirl moved up to "fall" but I realize part of the reason it wasn't is to allow Melissa as much time as possible. With so much unknown and out of control we'll have to see how things play out.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Well this is a shocker Ruby Rose is not returning as Batwoman, the role will be recast. I wonder if TPTB knew this last week. Will CW alter their planned schedule because of this. I realize the network would like to start filming their "fall" shows ASAP but I'm not sure how much casting is being done right now considering LA will have stricter than the rest of California orders at least through August, I suppose they could go with someone who auditioned before. Given that Batwoman might now not be ready to go as previously planned I wonder if this will alter the network's plan. They could move say LoT up and put Batwoman and Supergirl together "midseason" which would allow the crossover to be Supergirl/Batwoman. Of course I would love Supergirl moved up to "fall" but I realize part of the reason it wasn't is to allow Melissa as much time as possible. With so much unknown and out of control we'll have to see how things play out.

Yeah. The entirity of next season seems to be a giant question mark, right now.

I'm not worried about them casting while LA is shut down, though. Superman & Lois has gone on, casting new characters, during this time. Virtual and taped auditions are becoming more and more normal.

But yeah...the chemistry with Melissa, and with Batwoman's own cast...all for naught. I wasn't Ruby's biggest fan, but knowing that chemistry was there improved things. They can put a positive spin on this, all they want, but this is a big blow to Batwoman, as well as to the production company, who already had a season order placed.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo

Yeah. The entirity of next season seems to be a giant question mark, right now.

I'm not worried about them casting while LA is shut down, though. Superman & Lois has gone on, casting new characters, during this time. Virtual and taped auditions are becoming more and more normal.

But yeah...the chemistry with Melissa, and with Batwoman's own cast...all for naught. I wasn't Ruby's biggest fan, but knowing that chemistry was there improved things. They can put a positive spin on this, all they want, but this is a big blow to Batwoman, as well as to the production company, who already had a season order placed.

I don't think there's a way to know if the recently released S&L casting was decided before things shut down and is being released overtime to keep the buzz going for the show. Casting a lead is different than casting regulars. I can see wanting in person chemistry tests with the rest of the cast particularly Meagan Tandy. I'd rather they take the time to get the casting right than rush it. Moving LoT up is IMO a viable option that would allow the new Batwoman time to mesh with the shows cast and even Melissa and everyone on the other Arrowverse shows.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Very shocking news.I like Ruby Rose in the role and wish her well.Hopfully whoever they re-cast in the role will have chemistry with the Batwoman cast and Melissa when Supergirl and Batwoman interact again.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Pretty awesome that the only 2 shows (The Flash and Superman & Lois) I'll watch out of all the shows listed in that schedule are on the same night. I look forward in 2021 to an entertaining night of watching my 2 favourite male superheroes back to back. :) :)

I did not notice that, but it seems like I might be in the same boat! :D
Hope not, I'm certainly ready for a break from crossovers, don't even know if the Superman/Batwoman crossover will be allowed next year as the shows might have to stay within their own bubbles. I for one though don't want Melissa spending any of her time next year filming an episode of another TV show (Batwoman in this case), just keep to her own show.
I'll probably give Batwoman another shot with the new lead. I can't say I enjoyed what I saw of the first season, but who knows?

Before the casting news, I would not have watched a Supergirl or Superman and Lois episode that was part of a BW crossover. Now I might. So there's that, at least.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 10
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
See Melissa's season 6 comments to TV Line...

https://tvline.com/2020/05/24/supergirl-season-6-kara-william-future-melissa-benoist-interview
I've made my thoughts about William known. I'm more or less resigned to the relationship.

Generally, speaking, I believe the show could use less "slow burn" in virtually every aspect. When they go forward with this--or any other--storyline, I'd rather they just do it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 12
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
DC FanDome event announced for August.

https://collider.com/dc-fandome-details-panels-the-batman-snyder-cut-suicide-squad/

This is a Comic Con like online event.

The event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new content reveals and announcements from WB Games, Film, TV and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the cast and creators behind your favorite films and TV series. Below are a list of confirmed films and TV shows that will be participating:

It looks like Supergirl will be a part of it.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
DC FanDome event announced for August.

https://collider.com/dc-fandome-details-panels-the-batman-snyder-cut-suicide-squad/

This is a Comic Con like online event.

The event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new content reveals and announcements from WB Games, Film, TV and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the cast and creators behind your favorite films and TV series. Below are a list of confirmed films and TV shows that will be participating:

It looks like Supergirl will be a part of it.
This sounds cool. Supergirl fans keep in mind that by August 22nd Melissa may have a newborn and might not be able to participate in even a virtual event. I can see a scenario where she intends to participate then has to drop out at the last minute. Maybe she can prerecorded something now in case that happens. Hopefully the rest of the cast and EPs will give us some information on the plans for next season.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
This sounds cool. Supergirl fans keep in mind that by August 22nd Melissa may have a newborn and might not be able to participate in even a virtual event. I can see a scenario where she intends to participate then has to drop out at the last minute. Maybe she can prerecorded something now in case that happens. Hopefully the rest of the cast and EPs will give us some information on the plans for next season.

Under the circumstances,if it's just the showrunners,I would be fine with that.Any cast members will be a bonus IMO.

Perfectly understandable if Melissa has to sit this out.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl Season 2
  3. # 17
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!