MEMBERS
  1. Kiwi
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Wednesday, 27 July 2022
This is exciting news for Supergirl fans to add to Sasha Calle's live action portrayal next year.

From DC Comics blog (https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/07/25/a-welcome-return-rounding-up-this-years-big-comic-con-moments):

"In the film, Supergirl finds she needs a few lessons as she acclimates to Earth…and Superman looks to the heroes of the Legion to get it done."
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
RobertAnthony

I think I am interested in this as well. Am digging the Season 1-4 costume. And speaking of the Blu-Ray DVD...check out the cover.

Cover is awesome. Supergirl in a power flying pose ready for action :) .

The costume is fantastic (and iconic), I like the yellow inside the S and the gold trim around the top of the boots, to me those 2 things make it a nice nod to Helen Slater's Supergirl costume.
Votes
Undo
comic fan

"
Down to Earth: The Story of Supergirl (New Featurette) – Supergirl’s narrow escape from Krypton and her arrival on Earth is just the beginning of our story (literally). In this featurette, filmmakers explain why they chose to center Legion of Super-Heroes on Supergirl, what the backstory is between her and Superman at the start of the movie, and what exactly is going on between her and Brainiac 5.

Curious if the Supergirl featurette will mention the show."

Quite possibly, Supergirl and the LoSH have had stories together in Comic Books, Animation (Justice League Unlimited Show) and Live Action (Supergirl TV Show) so the featurette may delve into that history.

Looking forward to a featurette completely focused on Supergirl, the one they had on the Smallville Season 7 Blu-Ray was excellent.
Votes
Undo
I've been getting the DC Animated Movies since they started in 2007 with Superman/Doomsday.The current Tomorrowverse series that Legion Of Superheroes are a part of have been fun.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow
Justice Society: World War II
Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1 & 2
Green Lantern: Beware My Power

Upcoming

Legion of Super-Heroes
Justice League: Warworld.

It;s great both Supergirl and the Legion are getting a spotlight.I'm surprised the title isn't Supergirl & The Legion Of Superheroes.

ETA Special festures.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=356823

Legion of Super-Heroes – Special Features
4K, Blu-ray and Digital

-The Legion Behind The Legion (New Featurette) – It took a heroic effort from a legion of writers, artists, animators and filmmakers to bring Legion of Super-Heroes to life. In this featurette, filmmakers and stars give us a deep dive into the making of the movie, from the original story idea through character development and final animation.

-Meet the Legionnaires (New Featurette) – There are dozens and dozens of Legion members, many of whom are featured in Legion of Super-Heroes. Who made the cut, and why? Lucky for us, the filmmakers are here to introduce us to each one – and give us some background on who they are, and why they’re important to the movie.

-Brainiac Attack: The Intellect Behind the Super-Villain (New Featurette) – In Legion of Super-Heroes, Brainiac 5 proves himself to be the pinnacle of all Brainiac iterations, but how did he become that way? In this featurette, filmmakers explain what we should we know about the 4 Brainiacs who came before him, and how – and why – Brainiac 5 chose his own path.

-Down to Earth: The Story of Supergirl (New Featurette) – Supergirl’s narrow escape from Krypton and her arrival on Earth is just the beginning of our story (literally). In this featurette, filmmakers explain why they chose to center Legion of Super-Heroes on Supergirl, what the backstory is between her and Superman at the start of the movie, and what exactly is going on between her and Brainiac 5.

Curious if the Supergirl featurette will mention the show.
Votes
Undo
A trailer has been released, so very much looking forward to this and will be purchasing the Blu-Ray.

Meg sounds great as Supergirl and top marks for the classic costume.

I think I am interested in this as well. Am digging the Season 1-4 costume. And...Meg Donnelly is also a singer. And speaking of the Blu-Ray DVD...check out the cover.

https://i0.wp.com/www.supermanhomepage.com/clickandbuilds/SupermanHomepage/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LSH-Bluray.png?fit=680%2C878&ssl=1
Votes
Undo
A trailer has been released, so very much looking forward to this and will be purchasing the Blu-Ray.

Meg sounds great as Supergirl and top marks for the classic costume.
References
  1. https://www.supermanhomepage.com/first-trailer-for-the-legion-of-super-heroes-animated-movie/
Votes
Undo
We have a new Supergirl, Meg Donnelly. Really excited for this animated movie.

"Supergirl is headed to the 31st century with Legion of Super-Heroes, an upcoming animated feature due out early next year from Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Meg Donnelly voice stars as Supergirl/Kara and Harry Shum Jr. stars as Brainaic 5. The cast also includes Darren Criss as Superman, Matt Bomer as The Flash and Jensen Ackles as Batman.

The story picks up as Kara, devastated by the loss of Krypton, struggles to adjust to her new life on Earth. Her cousin, Superman, mentors her and suggests she leave their space-time to attend the Legion Academy in the 31st century, where she makes new friends and a new enemy: Braniac 5. Meanwhile, she must contend with a mysterious group called the Dark Circle as it searches for a powerful weapon held in the Academy’s vault."
References
  1. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dcs-legion-of-super-heroes-animated-movie-1235240040/
  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Donnelly
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I enjoy all the DC Animated films(just got the new Green Lantern one this week)..Glad to see Supergirl get a spotlight again.Supergirl was also at the center of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and Superman: Unbound animated films.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Though it's in animation, anything with Supergirl is ok with us here!
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!