MEMBERS
  1. Kiwi
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Friday, 01 February 2019
Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas about how this special episode should go or what you would like to see in Supergirl's 100th Episode?.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
*cue Blake Neely*

I'll add that to my wish-list for Episode 100, a great Blake Neely score, something with the triumphant sound of trumpets (Supergirl Theme) combined with some Choral (Lifting Fort Rozz) to accompany Supergirl's Superheroics.

Fedguy "I remember Arrow 100 did Arrow justice", thinking of Arrow 100 which was an hallucination story at what life would've been like if Oliver didn't get on the boat, what if Supergirl 100 did something similar?. The scenario I'm thinking of is Kara dreaming/hallucinating about her life here on Earth (as opposed to Krypton which was already done in the Season 1 episode FTGWHE) if she hadn't got stuck in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and instead arrived on Earth at the same time as Kal-el.

What do we think about Supergirl 100 being an alternate reality story and what sort of story would you do if that was the case?.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Supergirl General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I remember Arrow 100 did Arrow justice but ruined the crossiver. Flash 100 was a bit of a fail. Barry was sidelined as usual. Let’s see how SG 100 will go. If it’s good it will really restore my expectations with this show.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
They already did the Supergirl death shot from the comics in season two. They could flip it and have Superman die which would deeply effect Kara especially if she thinks she was meant to die instead. We don’t know how/if CoIE will impact the shows 100th episode. I have a request, can we please try to keep posts about CoIE to the thread created for it. I realize there will be spillover but some of us would like to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I’m already afraid it’s going to dominate SDCC and we’ll learn little about each show. Maybe it’s because I don’t grow up reading comics but TBH I wasn’t impressed by Elseworlds and am not especially looking forward to CoIE.

I still want a proper and Supergirl cast only musical.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
If the 100th was to be a more serious episode, I would definitely want it to tie-in with the story of the season. I have no idea what they're doing with the Crisis story - if the show's season itself will be centered upon that or if the Crisis will exist separately? If it exits separately, I can't see how they could tie in a Supergirl death with the Supergirl season and do it any justice. I am in agreement with others in saying that for most of Kara's "big moments" since Season 2 began, the attention to details and to it carrying any weight past that one moment, has been almost non-existent. So, yes, it would be nice to actually get an event that had some lasting impact, not only with the supporting characters but, with Kara herself. Because, even though I was disappointed in how the supporting characters were depicted with Kara's defeat last season, I was almost more disappointed in how it didn't seem to have any consequence to Kara for the rest of the season. The Crisis story definitely has the capability of creating a substantial story arc for Kara and the Supergirl for the entire season, if they choose to go that route. I would not want to see very many episodes of her "death" though. If they could integrate it with flashbacks so Kara was still front and center, then I could be okay with it.

My primary reason for watching the show is Kara but, the relationship of Kara and Alex is also a big reason why I watch. However, I believe that any story that involves Alex should also involve Kara. It should be based on the premise of how it affects Kara. For example, the mind-wipe story is a great opportunity, in my book, to highlight the sister relationship along with Kara's history with abandonment but, in order for it to work, it HAS to remained focused on Kara. How does this affect Kara? What is Kara's role in solving it? This can't happen if the story is introduced and then Kara goes off and does her own thing with a different side story. Then, it becomes the supporting character's story. Unfortunately, this is what happens many times and so, the impression given is that it is the characters that are the problem. But, in actuality, it's not the characters but, how the stories with them are written.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo

But I want the iconic Supergirl death scene in Crisis on Infinite Earths (even if it's not a REAL death). If normal episode layouts hold out, that will be around episode 8 or 9. (Episode 100 is episode 13 of next year). I want the episodes between Crisis and 100 to focus on the world's reaction to her loss, as well as the supporting characters reactions. I want the real emotional reactions that we could have gotten, but DIDN'T, when Supergirl was beaten by Reign, or poisoned with Kryptonite when it saturated the atmosphere. Melissa can still be involved in Flashbacks, during these episodes, or you can have an anthology style episode where citizens tell stories of how Supergirl saved them. Then, in episode 100, some threat emerges that Brainy, Alex, J'onn, Dreamer, Guardian, and whoever else present are unable to stop. Then, in traditional trope fashion, Supergirl returns, just in time to take down that threat and save her friends.

That's my ideal episode 100. That arc would show the impact Supergirl has had on that world, based just on her absence, and her triumphant return is a celebration of the Girl of Steel and 100 episodes.

Winner winner chicken dinner! That's everything I need. I even get an Alex/Kara scene in that. When I said I wanted more Kara/Alex in 100th, I should have clarified....it doesn't need to be ONLY them. Simply more scenes with them together that are longer and more substantive than them standing around the DEO table together. The whole Alex mind wipe scenes were perfect. More THAT.

I would LOVE to see how they all would react to an actual Supergirl death. We came CLOSE to how they'd react when she got hammered by Reign. But, then the powers that be really missed an opportunity for some great, deep acting by skimming over it and then being total ridiculous--writing Alex's big emotional breakdown being a stupid Maggie related one. Can you imagine the goosebumps we'd get--they're about to get their arses handed to them by some enemy, then, out of nowhere...SUPERGIRL LIVES, swoops in, and turns the tied of the battle! *cue Blake Neely*
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
None of this will happen. But I can wish.

That's OK though. I don't expect any of my ideas to happen. One thing we can do is wish and that was the purpose of making this thread to get different ideas/wishes and I feel it's certainly achieved that, I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts so far. And with the variety of ideas presented here there's bound to be something that will occur in Episode 100. I'll be interested to re-read this thread after the episode has screened next year.

I just really hope that Episode 100 is a doozy and be one of those episodes that one wants to re-watch multiple times.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
They could do the “death” scene in Infinite Earths this year I reckon
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Sadly I must oppose the idea of more Alex and Kara. “Alex and Kara” just means Alex carrying the day and Kara maybe doing a tiny bit, or the episode filled with Alex’a emotional struggles and Kara being therapist.

Kiwi will get this reference, Alex is like the “Nora” of the season.

Sadly, I agree. It's been this way since season 2, though. Any story involving Alex tends to overpower Kara's portion of the story. It's a shame, because I love Chyler. But I miss Supergirl/Kara and HER journey being the focus of this show. That's why, despite some production issues in season 1, and countless lame "heat vision" standoffs, it's still my favorite, writing wise. Alex was supporting KARA's journey, back then.

As for the 100th episode...this will be an unpopular opinion that I've touched on, before...

But I want the iconic Supergirl death scene in Crisis on Infinite Earths (even if it's not a REAL death). If normal episode layouts hold out, that will be around episode 8 or 9. (Episode 100 is episode 13 of next year). I want the episodes between Crisis and 100 to focus on the world's reaction to her loss, as well as the supporting characters reactions. I want the real emotional reactions that we could have gotten, but DIDN'T, when Supergirl was beaten by Reign, or poisoned with Kryptonite when it saturated the atmosphere. Melissa can still be involved in Flashbacks, during these episodes, or you can have an anthology style episode where citizens tell stories of how Supergirl saved them. Then, in episode 100, some threat emerges that Brainy, Alex, J'onn, Dreamer, Guardian, and whoever else present are unable to stop. Then, in traditional trope fashion, Supergirl returns, just in time to take down that threat and save her friends.

That's my ideal episode 100. That arc would show the impact Supergirl has had on that world, based just on her absence, and her triumphant return is a celebration of the Girl of Steel and 100 episodes.

None of this will happen. But I can wish.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Sadly I must oppose the idea of more Alex and Kara. “Alex and Kara” just means Alex carrying the day and Kara maybe doing a tiny bit, or the episode filled with Alex’a emotional struggles and Kara being therapist.

Kiwi will get this reference, Alex is like the “Nora” of the season.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Yeah Flash this season Barry is entirely useless and it is very annoying. Supergirl is getting close to that state
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
It would be absolutely hilarious if they follow standard format and make it about Alex or Nia and Kara is a sidekick. Oh and secrets. Plenty of drama about secrets
Yeah, all these grand plans, some excellent ideas being proposed, and I'm like, "I hope Melissa's in it." :D :D :D

While I mostly enjoyed The Flash's recent 100th episode one of the things I didn't like was it being a part of the season long story-line with a little more focus on Nora and less on Barry than I would've expected. Don't really want a repeat of that for Supergirl # 100 so that's the main reason I'm so keen for a standalone episode that's purely focused on Kara/Supergirl. Way I figure if we can have 90% of an episode all about Ben Lockwood then we surely deserve the same for Supergirl sometime and the 100th episode is the perfect opportunity for that to occur.

evrafter "Cat comes back--including a scene of her revealing she's always known Kara's "secret."".

This definitely needs to happen in the 100th episode, don't imagine Cat will be on the show between now and then. I mean how good were Calista and Melissa in the scene in S1 E8 where Cat reveals she knows Kara and Supergirl are one and the same person. They both could deliver something similar here. In fact the 100th episode will likely be filmed this coming December so the show-runners should be reaching out to Calista now and try and get her for at least 2 days filming in Vancouver, if Calista agrees to appearing in the episode of course.

1 other person I would like to see appear in the 100th episode is Laura Vandervoort (not as Indigo but some other character). Although I'm probably resigned to never seeing this I still dream of watching a shared scene with the 3 Supergirls (Melissa B, Laura V and Helen S), why not have it occur in Episode 100?. It was cool having all 3 of them in the final 2 Season 1 episodes but having all 3 of them share a scene would be next level awesome.

If Season 5 is still on Sundays and has the same screening schedule as Season 4 then expect Episode 100 to screen March 1, 2020.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Alright, Kiwi. You're right. Larry Teng DOES trump Kevin.

Sterling Gates? Genious idea!!

And yeah... Cat said, "Go get 'em, Supergirl" to herself.

Lots and lots of Alex and Kara.

Finally? Alex will have better hair by the 100th. As sister Alex, it's cute. As Director Danvers, it's wretched.

Bonus: Kara and Alex duet... Even if just a short song sitting on the couch...maybe them singing along to Wizard of Oz.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
"Didn't Cat already reveal that she knew Kara was Supergirl? In Season 2 when she told Kara, "go get 'em Supergirl". "

Actually, Cat was speaking to Kara, and then said "Go get 'em, Supergirl" to herself after Kara had already walked out of the room. (There was no indication that Kara heard her say that.)
Love the "Wizard of Oz" idea!
In case you didn't know, I already wrote a fan fiction story called "Kara In Wonderland" that was a take-off (or parody) of "Alice In Wonderland".
Here's a link to it on my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/stewart.tick/posts/1235711439893553

"Sterling Gates to be one of the writers."

Yes, definitely! :)
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
Didn't Cat already reveal that she knew Kara was Supergirl? In Season 2 when she told Kara, "go get 'em Supergirl".

Some things that I would like in the 100th:

- Larry Teng directing. He was integral to Season 1 both as a director and producer, has been involved every season since and has done the best work on the show so far.

- Winn and Eliza are the only non-villain characters that I am interested in having back. There's a couple of villains I wouldn't mind seeing again though.

I go back and forth between wanting something more serious and something more fun. But, if it were a stand alone fun episode, I would enjoy something like:

A parody of the Wizard of Oz. During a particularly sad time, Kara, Alex and J'onn are visiting Eliza in Midvale. Kara's outside, walking along the cliff side contemplating aspects of the conflicting story that is going on in the show at that time. A dimensional vortex sweeps across the Danvers property - sweeping up Kara, into a modern day, techno dimension that resembles Oz. The Supergirl characters take on modified Wizard of Oz type characters to help Kara find her way back to Midvale. Of course, it would be an absolute necessity to get Kara/Melissa singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow :D.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
It would be absolutely hilarious if they follow standard format and make it about Alex or Nia and Kara is a sidekick. Oh and secrets. Plenty of drama about secrets
Yeah, all these grand plans, some excellent ideas being proposed, and I'm like, "I hope Melissa's in it." :D :D :D
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
Some really neat ideas suggested so far, thanks guys. I especially liked your idea Brierrose "Melissa singing in the supersuit", yes please :) .

My ideas and thoughts:

- I feel the episode needs to be a celebration of the character of Kara/Supergirl, that means Melissa in nearly every scene if possible, something similar to the screen-time she had in The Pilot.

- Make it a standalone episode not connected to any season long story-lines.

- Give the episode some extra $$$$$ (say if an regular episode costs $1 Million to produce give this one $2 Million) so we can get some big Supergirl being Super moments (think lifting Fort Rozz or stopping the spaceship). I'd like the main part of the episode to be Supergirl saving National City from some threat or disaster (something similar to my favourite episode of The Flash which was Enter Flashtime (S4 E15) where Barry had to stop a nuclear bomb from exploding and got this really awesome hero moment at the end to save the city).

- Have an opening scene of just Kara and Alex sitting on the couch eating their favourite foods while watching The Wizard of Oz.

- The ending of the episode (which could be up to 10 mins long) would be a party @ Kara's apartment with all her friends plus Cat and Eliza, playing charades along with some reminiscing time.

- For Directors I would have either Glen Winter (directed The Pilot plus the 1st 2 Season 2 Episodes with Superman) or Larry Teng (directed 'Falling' from Season 1 which is IMHO still the best Episode of the series to date). For something from left field how about Melissa directing the episode or as Brierrose suggested, Chris Wood.

- Sterling Gates to be one of the writers.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
I want a full on musical episode with all original songs and Melissa singing in the supersuit. I want to see it beat the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode as the best TV musical episode. It would be easy enough to have Mxy or Music Meister, who's powers weren't really defined, be the catalyst for everyone breaking out in song. I would consider it a crime against musicals not to have Winn back and since Chris sings Mon-El could come with him. They'll just have to say that Winn helped Mon-El improve his singing from the terrible performance we saw at karaoke night, I always wondered why they did that Chris actually has a lovely voice. Big YES to Cat making an appearance, Calista sings too. Helen Slater also sings so Eliza can come for a visit. Just think of how much fun this cast would have with this. This video
actually has some good footage of Chyler, Mehcad, Chris, and Calsita singing. It would have to be a complete one off episode but this one time I don't think people will complain about that.

As for directors Kevin Smith is always a good choice and could IMO handle a musical especially with this cast. I'll throw out two more options. David is making his directorial debut later this season so like Tom Cavanaugh did Flash's 100th maybe have a cast member do it. While he's no longer a cast member Chris just made his directorial debut with the short film he also wrote so he's another option.
References
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgyzJcaaGbA
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
"Cat comes back--including a scene of her revealing she's always known Kara's "secret.""

Maybe Kara has to use her superpowers in front of everyone at the party, in order to prevent an impending accident of some sort. Kara would believe that everyone at the party already knows her secret identity except Cat. So afterwards, she says something to Cat like, "Well, Ms. Grant, now you know you really were right about me being Supergirl." Cat laughs and says, "Hey, I knew that from the very first time I interviewed you as Supergirl!"
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
That it NOT be politically centered :p :p

BULLSEYE!

Cat comes back--including a scene of her revealing she's always known Kara's "secret."

I'm down with that.

The original Scooby crew have a moment or two or three, with an appearance by Eliza. Oh o o oh...maybe a scene involving both mom's and Chyler/Kara.

CHECK!

Annnnnnnddddd...Kevin Smith direct.:D

Cherry on the sundae.
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.