MEMBERS
  1. evrafter
  2. Motivator Smile Seeker Love Fool
  3. Supergirl General Discussion
  4. Thursday, 24 May 2018
Update: How about we put all things related to Melissa's run on Broadway in Beautiful in this thread--videos, articles, personal experiences if you get to go, etc etc.

So begins Melissa's run on Broadway. Up up and away....

Stars In the Alley Announcement
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
From what I can see, Melissa only did the intro at Stars in the Alley, and didn't actually sing.
Votes
Undo
I assume the chance of any recordings being issued are slim (the original cast version of Beautiful is available, but nothing since that I can find).
It could happen. Theaters are equipped to record. Many Broadway show recordings are simply recordings of live shows and not studio recordings. For Duet I’m pretty sure the sound track released was live versus studio recordings with the addition of a second version of running home to you that Grant did in a studio.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all
Votes
Undo
I have liked Carole King since the Beatles recorded a couple of her songs, I loved Tapestry, the best album by a female singer/songwriter ever! Now add Melissa to the mix, and I have to thank Rao.

My only grumble is that the production is across the Atlantic! But very interested to hear from anyone who is lucky enough to attend.

I assume the chance of any recordings being issued are slim (the original cast version of Beautiful is available, but nothing since that I can find).
Votes
Undo
Assuming she's performing a selection from "Beautiful"? Does it GET any better, y'all? Woot woot

Melissa to Perform on Live with Kelly and Ryan

Methinks your assumption will be proven correct. This will also be her third appearance on "Live" Her first was in 2015 with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan; her second was with Kelly and guest co-host Anderson Cooper in 2017, where she did the Wonder Woman spin.
Votes
Undo
Posted by @melissabenoistonline

@MelissaBenoist with the cast of @BeautifulOnBway?

❝GIRLS NIGHT!!!!!! Saying farewell to @chilinakennedy and welcoming @melissabenoist !!!

"WELCOME #MelissaBenoist to our #BeautifulonBway family!!! We all already love you! Muah! See you at rehearsal tomorrow! #Supergirl #GIRLSNIGHT #BeautifulOnBway #weloveyouchilina" - Salisha Thomas en IG.

DehLRUhX0AAhFxP.jpg
Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo
Assuming she's performing a selection from "Beautiful"? Does it GET any better, y'all? Woot woot

Melissa to Perform on Live with Kelly and Ryan
Votes
Undo
I love Carole King so I am very interested in seeing how Melissa does with her songs. Based on what I have heard from her through Glee and other performances, I think she will be a good fit for both the character and the voice.

If this turns out well for her, I could easily see her go onto Broadway full time after Supergirl ends.
Votes
Undo
Or been wondering, Kiwi, if it's actually been a crash course in learning the piano.
Votes
Undo
Article from People Magazine:

First Look At Beautiful w/ Melissa Benoist
Votes
Undo
I did a Youtube search for last year's event. And, sure enough, there are lots of videos. So, looks like we all may get to see clips of her performance June 1st.
Votes
Undo
Another Glee-Union. The host of the event Alex Newell was Melissa's castmate on Glee. Here's a couple of videos of them together.

I've posted this one before but it's a classic and shows Melissa will do great in her Broadway debut next week.

Hopefully all the performers have fun.
Hope, Help and Compassion for all

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!