Friday is sneak peek day! At least its shaping up to be! We are patiently waiting for new photos from episode 4 but IGN has the exclusive first sneak peek at Monday's episode featuring J'onn meeting Ms. Martian for the first time! WAHHH so cool, check it out below:
ADDITION: Supergirl awaits the president in this second sneak peek of Monday's episode!
The season is really underway now! Supergirl's third episode is nearly upon us and now we have the title and synopsis for the 5th episode of the season, which looks to be a ramp up of The DEO vs CADMUS! Check it out the synopsis for "Crossfire" below:
SUPERGIRL TAKES ON A RUTHLESS NEW GANG — Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) must beat a ruthless new gang who has been armed with dangerous new alien technology. When Cadmus sends a video to the DEO, the team realizes Cadmus is the one staffing the criminals for a secret mission. Meanwhile, Kara (Melissa Benoist) gets Mon-El (Chris Wood) a job as an intern at CatCo, James makes an important decision and Lena (Katie McGrath) invites Kara to attend one her fundraisers. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#205). Original airdate 11/7/2016.
Just loving how this season is shaping up!
Entertainment Weekly sat down with Marc Guggenheim (producer on Flash Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow) to discuss the four way crossover coming in Decemeber. A very interesting detail was revealed in his talk. As we learned a few weeks ago, the Dominators are coming to the Flarrow universe to take on the meta-humans. This being that universe's first encounter with aliens, its left to Barry and Cisco to get an alien on their side, none other than our Girl of Steel. Here's what Guggenheim said:
Last year, Supergirl established that Flash was able to make his way to what I call Earth-CBS, and it stands to reason that, with the proper breach technology, the reverse can happen. In the crossover, the heroes will team up to fight against the Dominators, who in the comics were a technologically advanced alien race that wanted to invade Earth and eliminate the threat posed by unpredictable meta-humans — and they have similar motivations during the crossover. Once the heroes realize that they’re up against aliens, they decide that they need an alien on their side. Fortunately, Barry knows a really nice one. I don’t think it’s a big shock that between Barry and Cisco, and all their experiences with Earth-2 and the multi-verse, that they can pluck her from Earth-CBS.
Guggenheim went on to clarify how the 'four-way' crossover will work:
Some people call it a four-way crossover because it involves four shows; my ulcer requires me to call it a three-part crossover. The story that’s being told has a beginning, middle, and end: a beginning in Flash, a middle in Arrow, and an end in Legends. But Supergirl is very much a part of the whole thing, so we are crossing over four shows — four shows in three parts.
Four shows in three parts sounds to us like we get three extra episodes of Supergirl, basically!
We forgot how much emotion this show takes out of you every Monday, WOW. Not in a bad way but laughing, smiling, then the feels, the sadness, then back to the laughing, its a rollercoaster. That said, lets all do it again next week! Here to give us a hint at what we can expect, its next week's teaser for episode 3! Check it out below!
Here we go again! Its the return of Superman! Just kidding, but he is back and after last weeks portrayal of the Man of Steel, we are happy to have him. Last week was filled with a lot of news including the fact that James Olsen would be taking on the mantel of "Guardian", one of DC Comics' classic heroes. Whether you were for it or against it, one thing was clear, the ratings and reviews of Supergirl's first episode on The CW were outstanding! Going into week two, this episode was even better! Here's what stood out to us:
- Superman and Supergirl working together: This is instant chemistry between two actors. Both Melissa and Tyler bring out such joy in their characters and the way they worked together was amazing. The scene with Hank and Jeremy was pure gold with the added excited cheer from Supergirl over the mic. Loved it.
- Snapper Carr: This introduction was hilarious. He has some of that Perry White and he has somethings else too. Its clear this guy is going to have a bigger role to play in Kara's development as a reporter but that is one hard shell to get through.
- Metallo's Debut: Posing as a man on the edge (literally) was a great way to call out the Man and Girl of Steel. When he burned away his shirt and shot Superman our jaws dropped. Didn't see him getting hit so hard right off the bat! This was a pretty awesome bad guy for them to introduce against the Kryptionian Dynamic Duo!
- Superman vs Martian Manhunter: WOW, this was incredible, Winn's commentary was so needed because we were having chills seeing those two go at each other!
- Kara trying to stand up to Snapper: Melissa's reaction to how Snapper just tossed her aside was possibly the funniest moment in the whole series thus far. We have no idea how she could channel that but it was incredible.
- Cat is out of the Bag: Well we knew this was coming. Possibly the only casualty of moving Supergirl's production to Vancouver was a limited Cat Grant. The scene was really well done and Cat and Kara's relationship really did shine through. While we would have preferred to have more Cat Grant, the writing provided a very believable and purposeful exit that we can get behind and support. Kara will grow from this.
- Alex giving it to Kara: This was a great scene, real family drama. It was hard to watch Alex in that pain but she had a point. Superman did leave Kara in the Danvers hands. Not that it was a wrong move but Alex did use it to lay out the hurt! Just another amazing example of the special bond those two actresses have.
- Some Incredible Lines from this Episode: These were some highly quotable lines we loved! "Family is not about score keeping or who did more. It's about showing up." by Winn and "We're both men without a home Kal. If we don't preserve each other's history, who will?".
- Dual Metallo Fight: This could be summed up in one sentence. Alex in Battle Armor! But there was a lot more. Seeing J'onn and Superman fight together was pretty incredible. A live action Superman and Martian Manhunter on TV, are you kidding me, this is the best time to be alive. With Alex and Kara working together, and Superman and Martian Manhunter, its the perfect parallel to the show's motto, stronger together!
- The Good Byes: Winn hugging Superman, J'onn trusting Superman with the Kryptonite, Supergirl speaking Kryptonian, The texts between the two, Cat Grant and Supergirl on the balcony, UGH WOW. This was our favorite episode ever so far. More so than the iconic Red Faced in season one. WOW!